Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  I sure hope you like Weasleys...

maudite
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quote
"Blimey," Fred breathed admiringly, as he watched the last bits of his trousers dissolve into sticky purple goo. "She's bloody brilliant!"

This idea came to me in a flash, just as I was halfway into the first paragraph of the idea that had come to me in a flash five minutes earlier. Typical. Anyway, I love the premise but it's simply not something I'm capable of writing -- there's too much action and too many characters for me to keep track of.

Please, somebody adopt this idea, because there are just not enough stories on The Burrow.

The Characters: The Weasleys (all of them, even Percy), the Trio, Remus Lupin, and anyone else you care to throw in for good measure.

The Pairings: Hermione/a Weasley Twin. For some reason I see Fred in this role, but George will do in a pinch. Any other pairings are strictly optional, although Harry/Ginny seems fairly logical, and Luna does live nearby, and I presume if Bill's there, Fleur must be as well, and Tonks might drop by to see Remus...

The Premise: It's the first Christmas since Voldemort's defeat, and spirits are high -- except for Harry's. He's a bit depressed and withdrawn, and everyone's trying in their own way to cheer him up. The Twins, of course, know exactly what to do: they enlist Harry's help to play a prank on one or more of the others (your choice), knowing this will set off a full-scale family prank war. Alliances will be formed and broken, battle lines will be drawn, and no one -- absolutely no one -- will be safe.

The Weasleys are, for the most part, skilled pranksters. Lupin was a prankster in his day. What nobody counts on is Hermione. Though she doesn't really approve of pranks, she sees right away that they're cheering Harry up -- and once she sets her mind to giving as good as she gets, Fred and George find out she's a truly formidable opponent. Of course, when one of them starts falling for her, he's going to have a hell of a time convincing her it's not all part of yet another prank...

The Rules: There have to be rules, after all. Lighthearted pranks only -- the war is too fresh in everyone's memory for anyone to have the stomach for scary or hurtful pranks. There can also be nothing that will make Mrs. Weasley really angry -- once she puts her foot down, all the fun will be over.

And that's all I've got -- except that I think it would be especially neat if Hermione conspired with Percy on her first prank, thus doubling its shock value for the Twins.

Anyone?
Mathstarlette
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 33 Location: out of my mind, leave a message at the beep
Oh no! This is a great story idea, and I would would love to write it, but I'm looking at other stories! I knew I shouldn't look at other story ideas, but I couldn't help it!!! I'm going to try to write this out, but I'm not sure if I should! Yes, I'm gonna do it! Or, maybe, no wait, ohhhh nooooooooo! I'll try writing it out, but I'm a very busy woman! Wink I mean, come on, how could I ever find enough time to be on the computer: Very Happy

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
This is 'bloody brilliant!' I'm not sure I could ever write this well enough, but I'd love to read it when someone does! Smile