Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Personae  ~  Call for Help!

pigwig
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I am currently enrolled in Harry Potter's Library at Kansas State University. On the 27th, we will hold a trial for Severus, and I've been working on his defense since the middle of last month.

What I need from you wonderful writers and readers is this:

1. Based on the canon information, how can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that Severus Snape was on Dumbledore's orders, or working for the Order of the Phoenix and is generally on the side of Light. I don't need quotes for this, just theories. I have quotes to support this material.

2. Do you see any evidence that he could be a double-agent, or is he simply playing his role as a spy and not revealing himself? His conversations with Bellatrix in Spinner's End come to mind.

3. Anything else you can think of that would absolve him of guilt...

4. Any evidence that suggest similiarities between Severus, Voldemort and Harry. I think there's more than enough to warrant a purposeful action on Rowling's part regarding these similiarities.

I know this topic has been thoroughly covered in other threads and dissected at great length, however, I thought this would be good place to bring it all together for thee purpose of my class. I would appreciate it if wild speculation is kept out of this thread. I can only present information and theories based in canon information, Rowling's interviews and similar source material. Thank you all so much for your help, I appreciate it very much. Smile

I'm asking because I feel that I've gone over the information so much myself that a fresh perspective is needed. I'm starting to exhaust my own theories. Thanks again, everyone!
bethanyblueberry
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
The similates between Snape, Voldemort and Harry is that there all half-blood. Sorry, thats all I can think of.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion, but my class is over. My team won the case and Severus has been cleared of all charges. Very Happy
Mathstarlette
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 33 Location: out of my mind, leave a message at the beep
I know you don't need this, but I'm still gonna tell you.

1)A little out there, but theory has it that when Dumbledore started begging Snape, it was to just kill him. He knew he ould have to die, because Snape or Draco would do it. When Draco couldn't, Snape would have to, because if he didn't he would die, and, although noble, would be pointless.
Here's a classic. Dumbledore would not support Snape so strongly without some proof. He's defended him several times to Harry, and once before court. J.K. showed us that, I think, to let us see just how strongly Dumbledore feels about Snape's loyalties.

2)Voldemort can see into Snape's mind, and yet all the things Snape has to do to prove his loyalty. And I don't see wormtail as a reward for Snape, although I'd love to torture the little coward, but more like a way to prevent him from trying anything. Remember that Snape said that he had taken to listening at the door. A weak coward wouldn't think twice about turning to the big boss and reporting about all the little things Snape's been up to.

3)Harry has been so wrong about so many things, that it's not even funny anymore. Alot of evidence that Snape is just a spy can be countered by that statement.

4)Similarities? You mean besides that to pure-bloods, they're nothing. Both Snape and Voldemort have one muggle parent, and Harry's mom is muggle born. All three aren't worth anything to pure-bloods. Also they have similar child hoods. Or Harry and Voldemort do. Both were orphans, forced to grow up with gardians who hated them, as did Snape if the memory of his dad screaming at his mom was significant. From there, they have differnt ways of looking at life. Harry is just glad to be a wizard, but he does want to kill Voldemort, with a passion, because he wants revenge for his parents. Voldemort wants to be the most powerfull wizard, and no one's gonna stand in his way. He's like this because he wants to have revenge on his parents, because his dad left him, and his mom was to weak to live for him. Also, Voldermort, or rather Tom grew up where people feared him for his power, as did Harry. But Harry's family (and I use this term lightly) tried to beat it out of him (both believe of magic, and magic), while Tom's family (again used lightly) allowed him to intimidate them, and sent him eargerly away.

K, I'm done for now. Promise. So sorry that was long.

Promise i won't do it again. For now.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 33 Location: out of my mind, leave a message at the beep
Pigwig i like your name, and picture!

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Pigwig told about her pen name and pic at this part of the forum:

http://forums.sycophanthex.com/viewtopic.php?t=1766

Join us in the Leaky Lounge!