Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Lonely beta in need of work!

Ponine
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Penname: Ponine

Email: Ponine710@yahoo.com

Beta Experience: None on the internet, but I do academic editing (including fiction) and want to branch out!

Writing Experience: Unfortunately, none that is on the web. I do some fanfic, but mostly work on my own stuff. I love reading fanfic though - that's why I'm here!

Ratings: I can enjoy any rating, really. NC-17 if it's not constantly NC-17 material.

Ships: Again, I'm all right with pretty much any ship; it's hard to squick me out. My personal favorites are SS/HG and DM/GW, but I am my no means limited to them - my specialty is SS/OFC.

Categories/Genres: I work better with serious material - though I could beta humor, I would probably not be the best choice. I love reading complex stuff, so if you have a long story you want to post, I'd have no problem with that. That said, I'm willing to look at anything!

Strenghts as a beta: I am VERY strong with grammar and structure (not kidding, I keep grammar books around for fun) and canon information. I'm also good with continuity and characterization.

Weakness: I'm not very confident in my ability to Brit-pick. Also, I'm probably too much of a stickler for detail...but if you like that sort of thing, I'm your beta!

Additional notes: I'm pretty flexible in terms of time.

So if you need a kind, quirky, picky beta, please give me a home!

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I've send you an email (I hope Confused )
GryffindorGoddess06
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Hi! I have a story (my first fic, actually) and I really need someone to read it over and change things. I tried to put it on Lumos or Pureblood, but it kept being rejected. I have a MAJOR problem with grammar, and sometimes need help with canon. Can you do it, please?

Here's some info:

Title: A New Revelation
Author: GryffindorGoddess06
Link: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=186667
Main Chars: DRACO AND HERMIONE: i love them!! ^_^
Um, rating is...15+, just in case...and er,
oh, the Genre: Romance, action adventure, and suspense.

I'd really really appreciate this!! (I do have other betas, but they specialize in other things, and i really really really need help with grammar.)
TradeWind
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Hello! Looking for a beta read for chapter two of Harry Potter and the Slytherin (already posted on Eros & Shappho). This is a slash Harry and Draco with strong sexual images. They are growing in a romantic relationship and join a club of young men at Hogwarts who snog each other and eat gillyweed to transform into mermen. I need some grammar help and a little with canon and plot. Let me know. Thanks a million. TradeWinds.