Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Art Recommendations  ~  Your favourite artists on Shillusions

harp
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
Well, here goes - we need a post in here!

I greatly admire the works of Lana Manckir and liquidscissors. Lana Manckir's Snape is just as I see the fanon version, and she (?) can draw people that don't turn out like my horrible stick-folk but instead have real life and character.

Liquidscissors has an amazing quality of movement, typified by works such as this: http://www.shillusions.com/displayimage.php?album=88&pos=25

I do not hesitate to recommend work by either of these artists.
tripperfunster
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes Harp, I very much agree with your choices! (Lana has given me some good computer/art advice as well!)

For ink drawings I must drool over Marquise and Inkvine. Marquise's Snape is such a delicious, yummy Rickman (and often naked, I might add!!!!*siiiiiigh*) and Inkvine has a wonderful quirky quality that I always enjoy.

For pencil sketches I am always impressed with Gloredhel. She only has three pics posted, but each of them warrant a good look-see. (and I"m not just saying that 'cause she's my new cyber-friend!) *waves* Hi Gloredhel!!

Gosh, there are so many talented artists over there that I could go on all day, but I'll let someone else blather on instead.

Tripp
liquidscissors
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 27 Dec 2004 Posts: 164
I always like seeing work by Inkvine or Canonfodder in the incoming queue. Smile
Firewhisky
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
snitchhitter has a style i find very surreal and dreamlike but there's also an undercurrent of liminality there... and of course i adore every who has posted above me along w/ their "nominations". Smile