Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Featured Stories

veradee
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how it is decided which story is among the featured stories. I'm not questioning the quality of these stories. But I realised that apart from December when there was the Christmas theme many of the featured stories are identical with WIPs that are updated on a regular basis and are therefore listed among the recently added / updated ones anyway. Also many featured stories seem to have been completed only recently so that they as well were listed on the main site only shortly before anyway. To me it seems as if only on rare occasions older stories are mentioned among the featured ones. I think that's a bit of a shame because among the older stories are many gems as well, which might not be known to every reader yet.
Metamuse
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
Sometimes they are randomly selected after reading a variety of stories; at other times, admins are reading for pleasure and notice the story and suggests it for Featured. Once in a blue moon, we get a reader to submit a Featured recommendation. We would love to have more of these.

We try to bring new ones and older ones to the spotlight.

veradee
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank you very much for explaining.