Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  How to select an archive?

cmwinters
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:57 am Reply with quote
How do I select an archive to post under when it's not immediately obvious, or it could be under more than one?

Should I post under all applicable archives (since everything is segregated), or pick one specific, and if the latter, I would need some guidelines.

Mugglenet did a challenge to "write the opening to book 7", which I submitted a story for. The fic itself focuses on Andromeda & Narcissa, Tonks makes an appearance and it makes passing reference to both Draco and Ted (and a somewhat veiled reference to Snape and Dumbledore), so I could see it going under either Pureblood or Lumos, but it really is just a general story. (It's also quite short).

I apologize for being dunderheaded about this, but I'd rather not submit in the wrong place.

Sad

Thank you very much.
celisnebula
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
CM dear, it depends on a lot of factors.

I think the new Mage will make it so that a person can click on your screen name and have access to all your stories, but in the mean time you can follow a the formula I developed.

If it's Snape and Hermione -- it always goes on Ashwinder and no where else.

If my main character is Snape (and I want it known it's Snape) it goes on to Occlumency. Otherwise I post it to Lumos (unless it's a slash story, then it would go on Eros and Sapphos -- but I haven't written slash yet so that's a moot point).

I go by the same criteria for Wolsbane, Pureblood and the Burrow (although I also post stuff for the Burrow over at Lumos too).

And the Chaos board is for my original and other fan fiction stuff (mostly orginal right now).

Hope this helps dear.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Metamuse
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
Post it to Lumos for now. In the future we plan to solve this sort of problem.

Trust me. Wink

cmwinters
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
/me dutifully trusts and posts

Wink