Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Quibbler  ~  A Canon Snape

azazello
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading an excellent and underrated SS/HG story by Snapesforte, called, Taking Over Me.

Here's the link to her author page at Ashwinder:

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com./viewuser.php?uid=573

For those of you who do not know, Snapesforte runs a wonderful site, called "Designer Potions"

it is here:

http://www.designerpotions.com/ss/

First off, I've been meaning a long time to do some serious pimpin' for this site. I think it has the best set of Snape resources you will find, and if you are serious about writing the miserable bugger, this is a place you should book mark. For instance, every quote of what he says in canon is there. There is a well worked out conjectural timeline, among other useful helpers.

This flawless attention to canon shines in "Taking Over Me" with a wonderful in character Snape and also an equally plausible Hermione. It's set in school, and I would normally shy from this, but the writer makes me believe and makes me like (given my antipathy to reading teacher student - with one or two great exceptions, this is no mean feat). There's also a wonderful sense of canon setting - with events occuring that make me feel, the only reason we never read them in canon, is because there wasn't time - and that we will read them when the next two books are issued.

Great stuff. Go read.
Sensikat
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
As a reader of "Taking Over Me" as well as "But You Alone," I can say that both of you are very talented authors. Looking forward to reading more.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
Ive just finished reading taking over me, which was brilliant even though its not finished and I am now wondering as to the ending.

But You Alone, I havent heard of that one. Do you have a link for it?

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote
Head Moderator Joined: 04 Jan 2005 Posts: 116
But You Alone is located on Ashwinder and is authored by the very talented Azazello.
Severe Drought
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
Dead links to Snapesforte and taking over me
Hannah
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I really loved But You Alone as well. Itīs funny how the old ones still hang in there with the best after all this time Cool