Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  General Beta for your services (exellent brit-picker)

beckily
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: becky / beckily
Email: becki_burrow@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: not a lot, done some, lots of non fiction experience

Writing Experience: hmmm im a university student so i do lots of writing there. Some hp fic experience but i usually start a story and by the time i finnish it i realise that i hate it and never get up the bottle to post it.

Ratings: Anything, NC-17 sexual matterial is fine but i prefere it in the context of a story not betaing PWP

Ships: Again anything really, Hermione/Snape and Hermione/Lupin are favs, or anything with Lupin in really. Not a big slash follower, but i will read a good well-written one any day (make me believe it), so feel free to send me a summary anyways

Categories/Genres: i do like Romance best, but again, willing to do anything.

Strengths as beta reader: I'm british and an exellent brit-picker i hate stories that make you believe everyone lives in london and shops in harrods, so i'm well in for that. I'm also good with plot continutity etc and checking for in-characterness - even if not in my own fics. Im also very good with cannon.

Weakness: I tend to check over the story as a whole and occasionally miss spellings and grammer, although i am making a conscious effort to correct this, although it is minimal.

Dislikes: Slash or PWP that is not believable, or a unjustified pairing, and of course, non britified fics.

Any additional notes: I am a student and thus my time limitations are a little unusual, some weeks i will have no work on and thus plenty of time to look at your fics while others i may have an assignment and therefore be pushed for time. Although i usually have more free time than i know what to do with, i do ask that you are respectful of this, as my work must come first.

If you would be interested in having me beta a story for you simply e-mail me and include, a short summary, any pairing, proposed rating, and a little about what you want out of a beta and a time scale (although I'm happy to take long and short scale projects).

Thanks
Hope to Hear from you soon

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a very big request for a britpick. My story, Lydia's Love Potion, is approaching completion. I have about five chapters to go, and expect it to be done before the end of May. When complete, it will be about 22 chapters.

I know a lot of people won't touch a WIP, and will read it once I announce it complete, so at that point, I want it to be as perfect as I can make it. So, I would like a britpicker to go over the entire text.

Is that something you might be able to do? If you are interested, you can email me, and I'll start sending you what i have.

Marianne (Odd Doll)