Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  HEY, beta beta beta-- Sa-WING, beta beta beta...

Nichalia
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Dec 2005 Posts: 5 Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.
Name or Penname: Nichalia (which happens to be my real name, too)

Email: Nichalia101@yahoo.com

Beta Experience: I've beta'd a variety of original fiction, fanfiction, short stories, and essays. I thoroughly enjoy editing, and am terribly excited about beta reading Harry Potter stories. Ah! Also, I am an Accredited Beta Reader at Perfect Imagination. See now? I'm not just some bum.

Writing Experience: I have never written Harry Potter fanfiction and posted it anywhere, but I have other writing experience: short stories, essays, &etc.

Ratings: I have no rating preferences, really.

Ships: I love ships that involve Prof. S. Snape! Of course, I wouldn't turn down an author's work just because I'm not the biggest fan of whatever ship they're sailing; I just have a special little black and barren place in my heart reserved for Snape ships.

Categories/Genres: I am particularly fond of Drama, Humor, Romance, and Fluff. Songfics make my eyes bleed. Everything else is fine by me!

Strengths as beta reader: I am pretty darn good with everything involving either rules or logic. If there's something that doesn't make sense in your plot, I should probably be able to spot it. Spelling and punctuation errors are not a problem, nor are Canon spells and names. I am also completely willing to spend time looking up anything I don't know.

Weakness: I'm American. Briticisms are by no means my strongpoint.

Dislikes: Songfics, and horribly poor characterization.

Any additional notes: It's on like Donkey Kong!

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
sent you a pm asking you a question. Wink write back thru a pm or my post under seekers. thanx bye.

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I am new to fan fic of all types. I need help with a HG/SS fic post HBP. I have a little start going. Would you like more information?
I'd sure appreciate a response!
Thanks!
where'smymuse?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
Heey! Sent an email your way about a fic I need desperate help with. I fear for it's little life. I almost killed it. lol Hope to hear from ya. Thanks!

"Don't be silly, Dawlish. I'm sure you are an excellent Auror, I seem to remember you achieved 'Outstanding' in all your N.E.W.T.s, but if you attempt to — er — 'bring me in' by force, I will have to hurt you." ~Albus Dumbledore
raven prowl
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Hey, i just mailed you. Please reply, LOL, I cant find a Beta anywhere!
Orl
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi there!

Would you like to have a look over my first fanfic ever? It is a Snape-centric and post-HBP one shot after Snape dumped Malfoy somewhere and flees to his hideyhole. Please contact me if you are interested: ivizi@web.de.

Thanks so much!
Orl