Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers (PI Accredited)  ~  PI accredited beta

Somigliana
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Somigliana, also called Cilla on occasion.

Email: somigliana@telkomsa.net

PI Accredited Number: PI:0869993534

Beta Experience: A handful of writers, primarily for HG/SS thus far.

Writing Experience: A couple of short HG/SS drabbles. They're posted over at Ashwinder.

Personal Website: http://www.livejournal.com/users/somigliana/

Ratings: All

Ships: My personal favourite is HG/SS, but I can try my hand at most other ships.

Categories/Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, General, Humour and Romance. Pretty much the entire spectrum.

Strengths as beta reader: Grammar and spelling, punctuation and canon. I am really flexible as far as beta style, and will help with commentary on plot and characterisation, if you request it.

Weakness: Parody, because sometimes, I just don't 'get it'.

Dislikes: I'm not particularly fond of Severus Snape in slash, or Hermione paired with Ron or Harry. I'm also not fond of excessively violent Death Eater revels, it just doesn't make sense to me that they would do business that way.

Any additional notes:I am least busy on week nights and I can beta fairly quickly during the week.

PI Badge:
rush22
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
Hey there! my name is Jamie and I'm looking for someone to look over a couple of stories for me. I'm an English major and I think that I do pretty well writing and correcting my own stuff but I'm not perfect and a second set of eyes are always better, besides my concentration is in historical lit. not writing. There are 2 stories that I would like to have someone take a look at. Here is some preliminary info on them....

1. "You're Beautiful," a Hermione/Draco ship based on the song of the same name by James Blunt. The story is set 11 years after Hogwarts and the end of the War. Told mostly from Draco's pov with flashbacks as well as present tense dialouge. The story begins with Draco seeing his son off at the train station for his first year at Hogwarts. Draco then finds himself distracted with thoughts of 'what could have been,' had his life included Hermione like he had planned so many years before. I think that the story is kinda angsty, but not in the cruel drama way. A safe way to describe it is the fact that I have it posted on another site and many of my reviewers told me that I made them cry. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. The story is all written and is only 4 chapters. There is what I think is passionate sex (nothing that is hardcore or gross)and maybe a few curse words so I would say the rating is more R than NC-17.

2. "Your Love," another title taken from a the song of the same name by the band The Outfield. Yeah I know I have a thing for song inspired works, but I do listen to a ton of music. Anyways, this story is a one-shot Hermione/Draco ship. Again post Hogwarts, Draco and Hermione have been shag buddies for some time now when Draco comes to Hermione one night and tells her that he has to get married. The logical side of Hermione tells her to stop seeing Draco but she just can't seem to stop until she realizes that its destructive to herself. Again I'm going to describe it as angsty and the rating is R for sex and language but other than that nothing too special.

Let me know if anyone is intrested in taking a look at my stories, they are the first fics I've written so I'm still kinda new to all of this. I'm in no hurry to get these done since I already have them posted on a site. Thanks!!!!

Jamie
jnaborsky@yahoo.com
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 am Reply with quote
Hello. I'm writing a fic called "My Final Testament, By Severus Snape" and it is basically his story from birth to the end of HBP. The summary is as follows: "After the death of Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape flees. For months he is sought out by everyone from Death Eaters to Harry Potter. During this time, he is writing the story of his life, his final testament, to the only person who wasn't looking for him, the only person who ever loved him."

It is a Hermione/Snape fic, though this isn't clear until the end. It's done very tastefully, though. They have more of an emotional relationship than a physical one. I'm kind of crazy about the characters staying close to canon, but I have a lot of problems with grammar.

I already have a beta but I still get rejected by ashwinder and fiction alley. I'd love you to email me if you're interested (teethlikeswords@yahoo.com).

Thanks, Amelia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address