Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Feeling really stupid here ....

celisnebula
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
I have an entry for the Deathday Festival completed. My only problem is I have no clue how to make a text file (*.txt) or rich text file (*.rtf). Do I need to cut and paste my work into notepad and save it, or can I just convert a MSWord file int that format.

I've never had to do this before Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mouseII
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
If you've got the story in MSWord, and have gone through it and put in all your html tags, then you can just save it as a .txt or .rtf format from MSWord.

One thing that you will notice is that this process won't get rid of the "smartquotes" and other special characters that MSWord puts in automatically. I am not entirely sure whether the SH archives have trouble with those sorts of symbols or not, but you can always check it out when you upload your story, i.e. go through the story one last time, and make sure the quotation marks, apostrophes and dashes look okay, before you submit it.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:52 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
eFiction has problems with any MS Word saved file. Copy and paste it into Wordpad and save it there, it will save as *.rtf automatically.

Make sure to have all the HTML tags in place for bold and italics if you need them.