Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  United We Conquer

Lady DuLoc
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:48 am Reply with quote
Combinatorial magic is very powerful. Hogwarts was created when the founders combined their purposes and spells to a common goal. The most powerful result would be if at least one person of each house was united in purpose behind a spell: the greater the difference between personalities, the greater the effect. A Gryffindor and a Gryffindor who were friends would not have the same result as a Grif and a Slytherin who were frequently at odds. The sorting hat is always going on about house unity being the thing to save the day. Perhaps no one can stand against the 4. The joining would not work unless there was true harmony. How that harmony will be achieved is the challenge. Motivations can differ – but not goals. Each caster that joins in causes the power level to increase dramatically. The effect cannot be faked. Noticing the dramatic result, or lack thereof, would be very revealing of the other caster’s true desires.
AngelForgotten
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
This is actually a very interesting idea. Its amazing that no one has thought of this before... But my congrats to you. I dunno if I'll be able to make a good fic, but it has definately stricked up and intrest in me. I might have a relatively decent start to this is a few weeks or so.