Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  Hermione Granger: Demon Slayer

Acid
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quote
This is a story that I would not only love to read, but to write as well. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to devote to such a plot bunny. This could be an epic!

Basically it goes like this: Voldemort is gone. The war is over. Hermione Granger has changed. She's no longer the bushy-haired, know-it-all that everyone remembers. Her parents are dead, the Death Eater most responsible for their deaths has escaped justice, Ron is in a magic-induced coma and Harry is more distant than ever. She finds herself standing at the edge of a great abyss of depression and feels that the only way to stop from falling in completely is to leave Hogwarts and everyone she knew behind. She disappears. No one knows where she where she has gone.

A few years later the Order learns that a former Death Eater, who managed to escape Azkaban and has been hiding out, is trying to get his hands on a magic relic known as The Devil's Eye, which has the power to grant great and terrible powers to the one who wields it.

"If he/she gets his/her hands on the Devil's Eye, it will mark the beginning of another reign of darkness, only this time it could be permanent."

The Order has to find this relic before the Death Eater does. The Order crosses paths once more with Hermione Granger, who is also out to find the relic herself after hearing the same news as the Death Eater in question is the one most responsible for the death of her parents.

The main object of the Order and Hermione is to find and destroy the Devil's Eye before the Death Eater gets it. They can do this anyway you like. It’s up to you to decide whether or not Ron will wake up from his coma, and how Hermione gets together with her chosen beau, (yup – action, adventure, romance, drama – Hollywood epic or what!)

Hermione will be a leather-bound, gun toting and/or sword-wielding avenging angel. She's pretty tough from fighting and slaying demons, vampires and giants galore throughout the world for the past few years. She has learned her skills from another great demon hunter whom she meets early on in her journey. More over Lara Croft, Hermione Granger is about to steal your thunder!

I like HG/SS or HG/RL pairings. I think it would be interesting to see either pairing in this story - Lupin for his lycanthropy, or Snape because of his Death Eater past.
Acid
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I think I may very well give this a go. Anyone else who wants to try is more than welcome to.
HufflepuffsAngel
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Oct 2005 Posts: 3 Location: In front of a computer in Washington, DC
I love this idea. I'm kinda a newbie to fanfic, not to reading it but to writing it. My first fic is going to be posted after the Deathday festival and I have been thinking about what I'm gonna do after that. This sounds like a great story. Smile Hermione Granger: Demon Slayer Twisted Evil , kinda like Buffy the Vampire Slayer only smarter. It's great! If you don't mind I think I'll give it a go.
Roses @>-- @>--

Last edited by HufflepuffsAngel on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AngelForgotten
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting to say the least. i'll definately have to check back and see if anything ever comes of this plot bunny... Not exactly my cup of tea (to write) But i think if its well written it would be an awsome story to read. Good luck to all those who give writting it a go.
pipedreamer
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Currently several chapters into this one. It took me a while to re-write some of it for post-DH compliance, but am making good headway!

Acid, a quesiton - as they're your rules - there's a quick Buffy crossover bit in my fic - does it have to be Buffyverse compliant? Cos right now, mine isn't. At all. But it's a headache trying to get it all to fit together.

If anyone's interested in beta-ing this fic, helping with consistency, etc, drop me a message.

Cheers

Rachel