Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Common Room  ~  Harry Potter fans being duped?

pipedreamer
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
Hi guys

I hope this is the right place to put this thread...

Anyone familiar with JK Rowling's official website (www.jkrowling.com/en) will also be familiar with her current campaign regarding a certain famous online auction site, whom JK Rowling has previously contacted regarding the selling of her books, which have allegedly been signed by her.

Obviously these books are going for a much higher price than they normally would, and Rowling has stated both to her fans through her website and to the site through her legal representation that almost every single "signed" piece of merchandise carries a fake signature.

She is quoted on her official website as saying "for every (as far as I can tell) genuine signature there are six to ten fakes... I would be delighted if the online community of Harry Potter fans canvassed e-Bay directly, asking that they might be protected against this exploitation; you might succeed where I have so far failed."

So I am asking if everybody and anybody who is as concerned as I am at this apparent negligence on behalf of e-Bay could write to them, expressing their concerns. It's unfair and wrong for merchandise with a forged signature to be sold as carrying a genuine signature. It's the fans who lose out, and the hucksters who gain.

e-Bay should check the authenticity of their merchandise...after all, real auction houses the world over have to. Why should e-Bay be an exception?

For the full info, go to Rowling's website.

Anyone with me?

pipedreamer