Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  Melody Challenge-Ashwinder

snycolecalvert
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
Melody Challenge

Alright people, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write me a fic, moreover, a song fic.

So get up and grab your favorite CD. Pick two songs from that CD. Now, write.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the rules.

1.All songs used must be from the same CD… no MP3 burned CD’s allowed, because I have to be able to check it.

2. You must use at least two songs from said CD.

3.I want some plot, though make the story as lemony, funny, or angsty as you wish.

4.Severus/Hermione pairing preferred, but since we are dealing with music, I’ll let you pick.

5.Make the music be apart of the story. Don’t just throw it into the story.

6.Use one of these three quotes:
“One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.” Jane Austen

“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot.” Walter Bagehot

“Stolen Sweets are Best.” Colley Cibber

7.Spelling/punctuation count!

8. a slight alteration to the lyrics is fine (changing him to her, etc.)
**Bonus**

Using all three quotes

Using more than two songs

Illustrations

Using more than three songs.

**The Prize**

I am not an artist, nor do I have money, but I will sing your praises on all of my journals, and I hope to inspire you all.

Now, entries can be posted where you prefer, I know I love Sycophant Hex… but whatever floats your boat. I just need an e-mail with the link….

You have to put the name of the musician, CD title, all the goodies that come with using lyrics.

Contest ends on Oct 1st. I will post the five best stories with links on my journal at DA (e-mail votes to me will count) and I will post the winner there first.

So, what are you waiting for? Get to writing! contact me at Snycolecalvert@hotmail.com or Syndaly_Rillaisha@yahoo.com