Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  The I Challenge You to A Duel Challenge For Occlumency

Anna Dumbledore
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:11 am Reply with quote
Here's my challenge...
One night a very drunk Snape bragged about having shagged/snogged/ beat in a duel/whatevered someone. Word got back to them, and since it is a matter of honor challenges the reluctant Snape to a duel.

Now for the rules:
1. Whomever you choose to challenge Snape to a duel, must be completely unexpected. The absolute last person you'd expect anyone to challenge anyone to a duel.
2. It must be the person he bragged about that challenges him to the duel. For example if he bragged about snogging Hermione, Harry can't defend her honor and challenge him, it would have to be Hermione.
3. It can not be Harry, Ron, Sirius or Draco who challenges him. I like the idea of Neville, but whoever is fine.
4. The challenger wins the duel. He/she can win it anyways except snape cannot refuse to protect himself.
5. While Snape is recovering from the duel, the challenger finds himself/herself regretting the whole incedent.
6. They do not need to fall in love but they do end up having at least a friendly relationship afterwards.
7. May be humor, romance, friendship or general. I can't see how you'd work in angst or PWP but I could be wrong.

Things that must happen:
Snape gets drunk.
Snape brags
A challenge is issued.
A duel is fought.
Snape loses the duel.
Snape's recovery either in St. Mungo's or The Hospital Wing.
A recocillation between the two duelers.

Also include at least two of these lines. You may chalk them up to wizarding tradition, drunkeness of simple frivolity.

"You black hearted knave, I challenge thee to a duel."
"Are you sure you want to go through with this? I mean..."
"You think girls are nothing but sugar and spice don't you?"
"Who's your second?"
"Who's on first?"
"Merlin's left testicle, you're really going to go through with this aren't you?"

Try not to go OOC with the characters, and go easy on the cliches please. Please leave me a link, I'd love to see what you all come up with for this one.

Oh and have fun!!!