Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Spring Faire Story

RaeWhit
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm posting this here, because I'm not sure where else do ask, and I already did receive an e-mail about from an admin just after the 4th of July, I think. My problem is I submitted a one-shot to the Spring Faire Festival "Final Fugue" for the King/Queen Challenge, and it was never uploaded. I did inquire early in July, and was told that there had been some upload problems the weekend before, and that my story was definitely not lost. The archive I had designated when I submitted the fic was Lumos. The story has still not been posted. I offered to post it myself, and that offer still stands if there is some reason the rest of the stories are not going to be uploaded. But if I do that the fic will lose it Faire/Challenge status.

Thanks to anyone who could look into this--I certainly appreciate all the hard work that the admins do, and have never had anything less than an pleasant experience submitting to SH . Thanks--RaeWhit

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:15 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
Hi RaeWhit,

I must apologize first off. I know you emailed me earily in July to inquire about your submissions. I had honestly thought I would be able to get them up. But with everything I'm trying to do they kept being pushed aside - so instead of keep being mean and doing that to everyone I invoked my powers upon my admins and am making one person only work on those and not even the queues!

It's good to be boss sometimes. Wink

I'm really sorry though!

RaeWhit
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quote
Hey, it's no problem. I was asking again because I've put off uploading it anywhere else--I wanted it to go up here first, since it was written for the Faire, but thought if there was a problem, I'd go ahead with those uploads. I hated to bother you with it again--I can only imagine how much you have on your plate. I've been following the ahem discussion on the SH ML, and saw the bit about this thread, and decided I should just ask instead of wondering about it. It is always my first choice to submit my fics to SH, the best of sites, in my humble opinion. The standards the site upholds, and the amazing attention a submitted fic gets, is what keeps me here. Thanks for replying. RaeWhit

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
On a related note, there was a suggestion originally that writers who submitted to the SFF could receive any comments the judges might have made on their story. I asked for this, but never received it - is that because the comments didn't get compiled in the end, or because I was inadvertantly missed? Shocked
Metamuse
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
MouseII,

Some of them did get compiled but not all of them. That is a horrific job! (Next time I'm creating a database so the judges have to input info that way!)

I'm still trying to get things done on feedback - but that is actually not even near the top of my priorities. I'm sorry!

mouseII
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, no worries - if it's too big a job (and it sounds like it) then we can all live without the comments. Thanks regardless! Very Happy
RaeWhit
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
I saw some more entries go up the first week in Aug,, but I still don't see my fic uploaded. The summary of the fic started with "Now that Albus Dumbledore is dead..." I was wondering if perhaps that's why it didn't get uploaded, that an admin thought it should have had a HBP spoiler, but remember I submitted this fic in May.

Thanks,
RaeWhit

Fic--"Final Fugue"

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quote
I'm not seeing anything entered under your user name or that story name. Give me your email address so I can check through that way.

RaeWhit
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote
My user name is RaeWhit and the fic entered, for the Lumos archive, was "Final Fugue". It was written for the King/Queen for a day challenge. When I initially inquired about it, someone told me they definitely had it, but that there had been a problem with posting in the beginning of July.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
Sorry, you asked for my e-mail address

raewhit@earthlink.net