Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Personae  ~  Severus Snape: Dumbledore's Man Through and Through

Fraggle Grrrrrrl
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
That turban thing, that is actually quite interesting. At first, I thought it was just a clever quip, a way to get away from the question. However, upon closer inspection, it seems that the first part, where she says, "because I know all about Snape..." is really the more important bit.

And then, delving into it a little deeper, "and Snape is not about to...". Perhaps it is that Snape is not about to do the things Quirrel did that would require him to wear a turban. Such as, sharing his body with Voldemort, trying to hide his association with Voldermort...things of this nature.

Those are the few quick little things that jumped into my head while I was thinking about this quote.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!! We are so right. Snape is loyal!! (and I'm not just saying this because he's my not so secret, secret lover. Laughing ) hehe.

"Even marriage is different in the wizarding world Hermione. It is a binding contract between husband and wife and cannot be broken. Once this ring is on your finger you are my wife forever." ~Quarantined
Severly_Snaped01
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Apr 2006 Posts: 5 Location: Cape Town, South Africa
I completely agree with everyone. The fact that there are so many Snape fans, and so many dedicated ones, says something for sure. Very Happy Hey, Sekh, he is mine! lol, I guess I have to share then...

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
I'd just like to throw a new theory into the ring, namely that Snape is not loyal to either the "light" or "dark" sides. At least he is not loyal to them in a moral sense. I don't feel that now (end of book 6) at least, that he is being motivated by loyalty to ideals set out by either side (whether he was attracted by ideals originally is open to question) but that he could well have based it on personal loyalty.

Snape strikes me as the type of person who is very aware of debts and repayments on a personal level, eg protection of Harry as repayment for debt of James' saving of him. And I'd put forward that him working for Dumbledore (Dumbledore not the order) was out of personal loyalty to Dumbledore, potentially for helping him escape the DE's, possibly for helping him escape Azkaban in the trials, again open to question.

In essence what I'm saying is that Snape is out for himself, and for those (living and dead) that he feels loyalty to, and his actions will be decided not on which ideals he feels closest to, but which character he either feels he most owes, or which character he feels most personal loyalty to, whether he will continue to be literally "Dumbledore's man" or loyal to someone else.