Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  Beta needed for two fics

Aldyth
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Hello,

I am looking for a beta/betas for two fics. The first is novel length and I've been working on it since February. I've read enough abandoned fics that I was bound and determined I would have most of it written before considering posting it. The second story is shorter and inspired by events from the Half Blood Prince along with a lot of discussions on WIKKT Misc.

Thank you for considering my request

Name: Hypnobarb/Aldyth
Email: Barb@smalltownghosts.com
Story title: Looking for Magic
Summary: After a tragedy in her personal life, Hermione attends a wizarding college in the United States. Severus Snape continues the double life he has lived for decades. Can shared life experiences and a fascination for science, potions, and a need to defeat the Dark Lord bring them together?
Rating: W Category/Genres: Romance
Ship: HG/SS
Warnings: Descriptions of emotional trauma, sexual encounters, and attempted male rape

General information: Given events of HBP, this is definitely alternative universe. This is a novel-length fic in progress, with about 600 Microsoft Word pages written and probably about 300 left to write. I am a published author of non-fiction and this is my first attempt at fiction in many many years. I understand the value of editing and cheerfully accept feedback about grammar, story line, etc. I especially appreciate feedback if I have written or spelled something not consistent with Potter universe language. I intend to have the story almost completely written before posting.

In my story, Severus is not a sex god and Hermione is not a Mary Sue. Both are insecure and rather neurotic people who very gradually realize they have more in common than anyone might have thought.

Second Story:
Story title: War and Remembrance
Summary: Post HBP, set in the years after the Voldemort Wars. Severus is in hiding and Hermione is the secret keeper. Friendship develops over time and both find healing as they explore their memories of the war.
Rating: L Category/Genres: Romance
Ship: HG/SS
Warnings: None

General Information: I anticipate this being about 15 chapters, not novel length.