Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  The Fate of Ashwinder and Occlumency

kanoni
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote
I still think the whole thing was planned by Dumbledore. Snape does still have some good in him and I would hate for the SS/HG relationship to die out just because of the book.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 27 Dec 2004 Posts: 164
SS/HG has always born not the slightest resemblance to canon and is 99% AU, so I doubt that new canon will kill the ship.

One can only hope that it'll slow down the gusher of vile challenges and twee stories.
azazello
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
MLC deader than Dead Jack McDead.

Aristo Snape and Snape Manor, ditto.

Lord Fucking Snape. - blasted into the oblivion it deserves.

Thank you Ms Rowling.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony ~ Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Delirium
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Awwww. No more MLC fics? I'm devastated. Crying or Very sad

OK, not really.
Melvacaea
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
No more MLCs? Oh dear.

*cough cough* Not. No offense to anyone who loves them of course, but I found about 2 that I could stomach.

No more Lordy lord Snape: eh. It didn't really matter to me. The same with the manor and aristocratic, etc...

Severus' mind is his own. We can only speculate.
Sulwen
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I loved the twist on Snape we got in HBP. I could only think of one thing as I was finishing the book: I hope this means more darkfic!

-J.R.R. Tolkien
Lariff
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Well at least we got one thing right... he DOES live surrounded by books. Very Happy

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Yes, there is that. I am still concerned with the fact that Dumbledore insisted he had an "Ironclad Trust" in Snape. But still, I am madly in love with the Snape in Chapter 2 (the character - the way that he is written)
SlytherinSexGod
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
those "i know there's some good in Draco! i loove Draco" houses wil be damn happy now...

what lah... kacau plan only...

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I've said it about a thousand times but I'll say it once again: I don't think that neither ashwinder nor occlumency is dead. In my opinion,Occlumency remains out of consideration. Hell, this boosts any stuff with Snape involved. And even some DE lovestory is possible. (Dunno, if I like to read such stuff, but well..)

As for ashwinder...
Sure, we need some major fanon development but most of the HG/SS fics were AU anyway. And even if I love to see the good guys win and like to have happy endings, I think it would be great to read some really nasty HG/SS story. Maybe we have to face up to the fact that romance isn't a requirement for fanfiction. Maybe we have to tread a fine line to satisfy canon and fanon but I think it's entirely possible.

Patrick

Lillithowl
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote
I concur, this is not the end of either site or fics. Heck you could even do MLC fics (sorry Azazello) if you wanted making Hermione the Pureblood. There is that potions master named Granger after all.
Its totally an AU ship anyway as long as its well written I don't mind and I'm sure others don't either. Some of the best writers are in the SS and SS/HG genre if anyone can make Snapefic work its them!
Two Methyloctane
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
It may be harder to make believable situations for Hermione and Severus to get together (and have her actually care about him), the authors have always been very creative.

Also, I had an interesting idea: the house on Spinner's End was Tobias Snape's, and Eileen lived and raised Snape as a muggle until he got his letter, leading to arguments between Tobias and Eileen... perhaps like the one inthe Pensieve.....

deus-ex-maria
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Heck you could even do MLC fics (sorry Azazello) if you wanted making Hermione the Pureblood.

You could... but please don't.
blah_blah_blah
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote
deus-ex-maria wrote:
Quote:
Heck you could even do MLC fics (sorry Azazello) if you wanted making Hermione the Pureblood.

You could... but please don't.

My thoughts exactly. Please don't.
Two Methyloctane
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote
I think the MLC's have had their run...

It's time for some new challenges... Hermione running into Snape in Knockturn Alley, Snape contacting Hermione as the brains of the operation and needing her help... Hermione getting captured and seeing lots of Dark!Snape... A previous relationship-thing that gets blown apart with DD's murder...

Just no more MLC's...