Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Inexperienced but willing

WeenyOwl
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I've never been a beta before, but I would like to begin.

I was a proofreader and copywriter for an advertising agency for nine years besides being brought up by an English teacher who taught me how to diagram sentences.

I am well-versed in punctuation, grammar, spelling, and word usage, and I have a strong knowledge of what is canon and what isn't.

I don't care about ratings, per se, but I don't care for slash, incest, self-mutilation, or suicide, although BDSM is fine.

I am dependable, punctual, and have the time needed to devote to this.

As for word-processing programs, I have Windows 2000.
Cindy
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I posted in the seeker section, then saw your message. This is the information that I posted if you are interested.
merrclm

Name: merrclm/ Cindy
Email: cmerrill32@comcast.net

I really like SS/HG; but, the Spring Festival Challenge One sounded really neat. (yes, I still say neat and cool)
Story title: SF Challenge one (I didn't make the due date )

Summary: HG introduces Madam Snape to HP and RW. Mrs. Snape is an American and a Muggle. I'm not sure if elemental magic is AU or not. Story is on how she ended up at Hogwarts and married to Snape. Currently there is only one chapter. Chapter 2 and 3 are ideas with tons of notes. Would like to know if story is interesting enough to continue.

Rating: G / later might be different if I can write it correctly
Category/Genres: General, Romance would really like humor but not sure I can carry it off.
Ship: SS/OC
Warnings: none

Special request that the beta reader is very good at run on sentences. I check spelling and typo's (they are very irritating). Canon character proofing, plot or any other suggestions accepted
anonbell
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote
If you're still available, I'm about wilting for want of a beta right now. Story is "Operation ASS" on Ashwinder (first chapter already posted); I basically want someone to help me rein in the schlock and keep things moving. And catch my typos/canon errors. I also recently posted in the "Seekers" forum, but I've realized that nobody ever responds to those posts. Please beta my story!

Charlotte (unnamedbell@yahoo.com)