Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  Julius Caesar, HP style!

Kyone
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quote
So, I was reading Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and, me being the HP obsessed person that I am, I thought it would make a great fanfic. Unfortunately, I'm very lacking in the writing department, so I thought I'd throw the idea out there to anyone who wants it.

When I imagined it, I saw Snape as Brutus, Draco as Cassius, Dumbledore as Caesar, and Harry as Antony, though feel free to do what you want. With those characters, it would probably be AU (though props to anyone who can manage to make it fit canon).

If you haven't read the play, SparkNotes is a good source.

Soo... yah! Use it, or not. Very Happy
Froggy
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that sounds great, I really wish I had the skill to take it on! Please let me know if anyone starts writing it Very Happy
peskipiksi
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Kyone, this sounds great! I would love to have a go, but can I chat to you about how you envisaged it? I've never written fanfic before so I guess I need a bit of help, especially as this would be so AU. Also, if we chat and you are happy for me to use this bunny, would you beta for me? I need someone who knows JC as well as HP. Thanks for the idea.
peskipiksi
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Are you still ok with betaing for me, kyone? I've done two chapters. I am a qualified proof reader so am all right on grammar and punctuation. I need help making sure it fits with JC and HP canon and that the AU details are believable. I am English so don't need Britpicking.

I use Windows XP and Microsoft Word which I hope is ok for you. If you're happy to beta could you give me your email?
peskipiksi
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
This is now finished and up at http://occlumency.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=6048

Actually I finished it ages ago and didn't know how to post the link (I'm a technophobic creative type!)