Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Brit-Picker Keepers  ~  Love to Beta!

skyeotalvo
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I've been living in Britain for about 6 years now and I've done most of my primary and all of my secondary education so far here. I also speak German and can help with translations.

Name and SNs: I don't give you my real name, but you can call me Mike (I am a girl). You can find me online as skyeotalvo or notapatriot.

Email: skyeotalvo@yahoo.co.uk

Beta Experience: I have beta'd my school friends' English GCSE coursework and have beta'd in quite a few fandoms including Harry Potter, LOTR and JthM.

Writing Experience: I have written (and am writing) numerous stories at the moment, one of which is a Harry Potter fic. The others are original. I got a very good mark on my GCSE English Creative Writing.

Ratings: I will do all ratings, though I prefer to do above PG-13. I stress, I WILL DO ANY RATINGS.

Ships: Obviously, SS/HG, and this is probably my preferred one. I will also do RL/HG, DM/HG, SS/RL, SB/RL, DM/GW, HG/GW and DM/HP. I will do slash.

Categories: I would probably not be interested in something which did not involve romance between the two main characters, though humorous stories will also be accepted. I don't really like song-fics.

Strengths and Weaknesses: I am very good at spotting grammar and brit-picking. I also will make suggestions to change a sentence's word order if I think it hinders the story's flow. I'm not a walking HP dictionary, so I will probably use the Lexicon not the books as constant reference. I'm also not particularly strict with characters staying in canon unless Snape start showering someone with flowers and carries a baby rabbit to the nearest vet.

Other: Though I'm not mean (never mean) I will say what I think and if I think something could and should be improved I will say so. I also tend to give quite detailed help.
fatalanisnape
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
I recently acquired a beta, i wish I'd seen your post first, and could have gotten it in one package, but I'm still in need of a brit picker. I'm writing a pretty long SS/HG fic. just barely post Hogwarts, as in starts 2 months after the final battle; canon; Severus' death and epilogue disregarded. it's pretty much a long love story. it seems to start off pretty fast, but it's gonna take a little while to get things heated. there's a bit of drama. it'll be lascivious later on. i have 150 - 6 by 9 pages hand written so far and not even close to done. i plan to take it. I've just started typing it up.

sorry, I ramble. Thought I'd knock out common questions in the first go. Anyway, if you're interest, please message me back.

Thanks!
fatalanisnape
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote
i just noticed how old this post is. so i hope you still check this out. ha!