Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Need a beta?

lille082
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: lille082 (but you can call me Jenn)

Email: lille082@gmail.com

Beta Experience: I have not betaed anyone's fic before, but I was an English major, and very much enjoy all aspects of the editing process. I have proof-read many papers in my time, and have tutored high school creative writing students.

Writing Experience: I have been writing stories for as long as I can recall. Only recently have I begun writing fanfiction again after a rather long hiatus due to school, work and my personal life. I had many stories posted on ff.net under my old penname intensewhisper, but I deleted that account when I took a break from writing. I have re-posted the 'better' ones under my new penname. Also, my English major had a focus in creative writing.

Personal Website: I’m afraid I do not have one.

Ratings: Any.

Ships: I prefer Hermione/Severus, but I am open to pretty much any ship.

Categories/Genres: I prefer romance, drama and angst; again, however, I am open to anything.

Strengths as beta reader: It is more than likely that I will catch any grammar and spelling mistakes, as I’m a stickler for that. Nothing bothers me more than an un-betaed fic where simple mistakes run amok. I’m always happy to have you bounce ideas off of me, whether it’s a plot bunny or an issue with characterization.

Weakness: I do have a fairly busy schedule, so my turn around will not be immediate. I’d like to think that I could probably have it back within 2 or 3 days, but anything longer than that, I’d let you know in advance.

Dislikes: I have a hard time reading any graphic scenes involving rape or abuse. However, stories surrounding a hurt/comfort relationship are fine if the acts are not described in graphic detail.

Any additional notes: I’d love to help you out!