Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  I need a fresh pair of eyes

Silver_Phoenix
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quote
Okay, guys. Here's the deal, I'm currently working on a story that already has a good 25 chapters posted on Ashwinder. So far, I've had little trouble getting my chapters validated when I update except for a misunderstanding with the last chapter that was posted. For some reason, however, with my most recent update I just can't get it validated. I've submitted the chapter three times. I've made all of the corrections that the admins have asked me to and quite a few that I noticed on my own. I've gone over the chapter with a fine tooth comb several times since the last time they declined, but I just can't find whatever errors they're seeing that I'm not.

I'm so frustrated that I want to pull out all of my hair, but if I did that my father would be very happy. He's always loved me hair! Smile So, I'm wondering if anyone is willing to help me out here by providing a fresh pair of eyes to go over the chapter for me to see if you can't figure out what I'm missing. If possible, I'd also like you to remain my beta until I finish the story. I'm not sure how many more chapters there will be, but I'd really like to avoid this frustration in the future.

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Silver_Phoenix
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote
Name: Shayril
Email: tigerwitch13@yahoo.com
Story title: Parent Trap
Summary: Tristan Granger and Arianna Snape meet in their first year at Hogwarts. They soon discover that they have something in common: their parents. Between them they decide to play matchmaker for the pair. There's no way they could fail right? I mean, after all, they are the children of two of the most brilliant minds in the Wizarding world. Surely, their plan will be successful.
Rating: Suggestive
Category/Genres: Fluff, Humor, General, Drama, Angst, Romance, Friendship
Ship: Snape/Hermione
Warnings: None

I'm really just looking for a grammar beta, but if you've got plot suggestions for a chapter I'll happily take them into consideration. Please don't be offended if I don't use your suggestions. There's a possibility that I will.
[/i]

Overhill
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Wow, that's rough. I'd offer, but my grammar has problems at times, and my punctuation stinks. I'm surprised that you're having trouble with the latest chapter, when you've already posted so many already.

There is a site for proofreaders at fanfiction.net, but that doesn't require any testing, it seems.

There's a great site at http://www.perfectimagination.co.uk. The ones of the perfectimagination are tested, and so you know that they know their stuff. It looks like there may be a fresh crop of new ones, as the test was just last month, so that might be a good place to look.

Another idea might be to add a footnote to the latest accepted chapter, asking for a beta, then you might get one who's been following the story, and can help if there's a contiunity issue.

Anyway, best of luck!
Silver_Phoenix
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote
Thank you kindly, but it's not necessary anymore. I was lucky enough to find two wonderful betas for this chapter and possibly the rest of my story.