Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  In desperate need of a beta for my first fic!

Blackgurl
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Hello!

I just posted a new topic, but since I can't seem to find it anywhere I decided to post a new one, hoping there won't appear two. Sorry if there does.
I'm new at writing and I wanted to submit my first chapter first and then hope to find a beta among my readers, but I received an email from one of the admins that my chapter contained too many errors so I guess I'll have to do it this way. I hope you can help me?

Name: BlackGurl
Email: Susan_Kuiper@Hotmail.com
Story title: Hidden Desires
Summary: Hermione wakes up after having this amazing, very realistic dream. It almost seems like a memory..?
Rating: Wanton (For now, I might change it to lascivious later)
Category/Genres: Romance, mystery/suspense, drama
Ship: SS/HG
Warnings: Character Death

My first language is Dutch although I have lived in Thailand for 7 years, going to an international school so my English is, in the very least, adequate. It might need a bit of a brush up though because two years ago I moved back to Holland and since then I haven't kept up with my English as much.
I'd definitely need help in the grammar department, I thought I'd do well enough in it, but since it got send back I guess I over estimated my abilities.
As my plot is only in the early developing stage I might need some help further along the track.
But, I have good news! You won't have to work too hard since my first chapter is only about a 1000 words..Very Happy (See, I'm very nice!)

I really hope to hear from someone/anyone/lots of people soon, since I am on my holidays now and have lots of time now. I just want to get it up and posted, to get feedback from my beta(?(A)) and readers.

Love, BlackGurl
shuldham
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
I have beta read for a couple of Swedes, two Americans and an Aussie. I can't promise to catch everything, but am willing to give your first chapter a look over. I can't promise to continue to beta for you after that, as I help out two others already, but if the chapters are small we will see.
I know how frustrating it can be to have a story bounced back to you.
If you want to check out my stuff to see if you think I would suit then my stories are archived on Ashwinder.
Shuldham.