Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  Is the Forbidden Forest in the Hogwarts grounds?

peskipiksi
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
May be an obvious question. Is the Forbidden Forest inside the Hogwarts grounds? Would you have to pass the gates and the security? Specifically, could an underage wizard sneak in for a bet?
Overhill
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
The map JKR drew of the school shows that the forest is on the grounds, and that one would have to go through the gate to get to the grounds.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/atlas/hogwarts/atlas-h-jkrmap.html

Having said that, I would guess that the wall or fence around school property would not circle the whole of the forest, that there would be a natural barriers that would block the fence from continuing, and that inside the forest, there would be other barriers that would be natural boundaries for the school.

So I think that your story that you just posted about Fenir sneaking into the forest without going through the gate first could be plausible, if he went around the fence by scabbering through the hills to get to the off-school limits, and then would be brought onto the school grounds and into the school, passing the wards, via Hagrid.
peskipiksi
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for this, Overhill. I thought there might be a way to get in, especially for a small, skinny boy who's probably used to sneaking around!