Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Random Story function

FarmerLiz
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quote
Hello- I guess this is a question for the mods. I enjoy using the "random story" generator to find stories and authors I haven't read. On Ashwinder, this function is only available when you are not signed in. This makes for clumsy browsing because anything with a high rating that's not a multi-chapter fic cannot be viewed without signing in. Then you have to sign out again to access more random fics. However this is not the case on Wolfsbane; "random fic" is available to you even if you are signed in.

Is it necessary that Ashwinder operate this way? If it is possible (and not arduously difficult), I think making this function available on Ashwinder while signed in would improve the quality of the experience on the site. However, I know absolutely nothing about web site building and management, so if there's some reason that it has to be this way, I can certainly live with it. I'm just curious, really. Thanks.

Liz
celisnebula
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
Hi Liz,

Ashwinder isn't suppose to work that way. Unfortunately, this is just one of the problems we've had with efiction lately, so I can't say when it will be fixed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. And in the future, you can direct issues and inquiries to our help desk at sh.user at gmail dot com.

Thank you,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger