Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Common Room  ~  Time Turner Fics

illaria
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 May 2005 Posts: 19 Location: Test Valley, New Forrest on the Hants/Wilts border!
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody, could possible reccommend any Fics they have read in which Hermione travels back to Hogwarts during the Marauders and Snapes time there. I love these fics, but can hardly find any! Please help if you can!

x x x illaria!

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a huge fan of timeturner fics, though like anything there is one excellent and unusual exception.

A Tragic Circle, by Shagsthedustmop is on Ashwinder:

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=807

This one definitely bucks the trend (in my opinion most of them are bad trends) by being very different, well plotted and well written. It's a complex and surprising plot that keeps you turning round.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony ~ Monty Python and the Holy Grail
illaria
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 May 2005 Posts: 19 Location: Test Valley, New Forrest on the Hants/Wilts border!
Thanks so much for the reccomendation, I've just read A Tragic Circle and think your completely right, Its really well written and it doesnt dabble in any of the long winded plots Time-Turner Fics sometimes get caught up in, another good one that i recently found Is "Out of Time" which although is not finished is equally brilliant, just in case anyone likes these fics as much as me, i think they're well worth looking at!!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:06 am Reply with quote
The first timeturner fic I read (and it's apparently on of the first) is 'Lost' by VenusDeMilo. It's a SS/HG ship. You can find it at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/601599/1/
illaria
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm in the process of reading at the moment, its pretty good! You did say that it was the first that you'd read. I'd love to know the titles of any others and where to find them, If you wouldn't mind sharing your ideas. I'd love to hear them! Thanx again. illaria x x x

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I know that no one has replied to this in a while but time turner fics are a guilty pleasure of mine so I thought I'd provide a rec anyway. A very good time turner fic that I've read is called Bed of Roses, by moonyNZ. Hermione does go back in time and it's a story with HG/SB ship, you can find it at ff.net here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2255955/1/

It is a very long fic and does have a sequel, which I'm pretty sure the author is still writing. It's a very good read.
illaria
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Hello, thankyou so much for your reply, Im really into time-turner fics, I really enjoy them. So I will definitly check this one out! If you have anymore you'd be willing to reccomend, i'd be so gratefull! thank you x x x illaria