Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Brit-Picker Seekers  ~  Seeking Brit-picker for lengthy SS/OFC fic

firefly124
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
This is the same request I posted under the regular "Seekers" forum, as I'm looking for an overall beta as well as someone to Brit-pick, and I realize they won't necessarily be the same person. But if you've already read that one, go ahead and hit the back button, as there's nothing new after this sentence. Smile

Name: firefly124
Email: dvmailbox2000-hpfanfic@yahoo.com
Story title: To Know Who I Am
Summary: There's a new teacher at Hogwarts, and there is something strange about her. Old instincts die hard, and Snape finds himself very suspicious. Set well post final battle. Compliant through HBP.
Rating: either W or L, the dividing line on that seems a little fuzzy to me
Category/Genres: Occlumency, Chaos. This is a crossover with the Buffy/Angel Whedonverse, though as much of that has to be explained to the Hogwarts characters, you shouldn't need to be familiar with that 'verse. Compliancy for that 'verse is through the end of Buffy and Angel, though I've edited in a couple of things that refer to the upcoming comic book "eighth season" of Buffy.
Ship: SS/OFC
Warnings: Not sure if it needs any. There's explicit sex, but it's pretty vanilla. There's torture, but nothing JKR hasn't done, more or less. Has some angsty moments, but is not laden with angst, nor is it particularly dark.

It is so far 438 pages in Word, and a few chapters from done. There are POV changes that switch between American and British usage, and one of the things I would like from a beta is to know a)whether that even works as intended and b)if anything is incorrect with the British usage. Three friends have been reading along as I go, so hopefully most glaring errors have been caught. But there's always that worry that friends might go too easy, you know? Plus I'm really hoping someone will be willing and able to Brit-pick.

Anybody willing?