Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Fanfic Updates  ~  Aerynfire goes Holmes...again!

Aeryn
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Greetings all!

It is my honour to announce that we have begun posting the follow up to A Forfeit Daughter on Chaos. Titled, An Unforeseen Occurrence, it picks up two months after the events AFD, as Holmes and Watson return from that small matter in Dartmoor concerning a gigantic hound.

And now for the official summary: A waylaid train and a chance encounter sets in motion a series of events in the lives of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson...events which lead the life of one consulting detective on a path to the most unforeseen occurrence of them all.

Intregued? Fascinated? Love Holmes or never even heard of the guy? Then come on over! Very Happy

Chapter two will be up shortly...and until then, enjoy and feel free to review (feed the authors!). We love hearing from you.

~Aeryn

Sneak peak:

October 20th, 1888

"This is completely intolerable!" Holmes paced around the ornately decorated waiting room of the St. Albans train station, sitting down one moment only to rise to his feet and pace again. "We conclude another case, and have been travelling all day, to get within shouting distance of home and relaxation, and then this! I've half a mind to seek out a cab to drive us the rest of the way there...hang the expense," he exclaimed, tapping his cane on the ground irritably for effect. "How hard is it to ensure that tracks are kept cleared and in good working order for oncoming traffic?"

Watson sighed, and nodded, irritated and annoyed himself, but finding he was too exhausted over the last case, an interesting mystery of murder, betrayal, and a mythical hound, to voice much protest of his own. "I don't think either of us is up to driving all that ways, Holmes," he agreed tiredly. "Mary is going to be rather put out, especially since I sent her a telegram promising to take her to dine this evening."

Holmes pointed his cane at Watson. "Put not your faith in princes or railway switchmen, Watson," he told him. "Both will invariably leave you undone." He cast a quick glance around the room they were in. "The paint in this place is really quite hideous."
Aeryn
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
Greetings all!

Just a brief post to let you all know that An Unforseen Occurrence has now been updated over on Chaos.

Yup...we're rolling now! And for the info...

Chapter Two: A Regrettable Remark

Summary: After a surprise encounter with Dr. Watson on Marylebone road, Helen accompanies him to Baker Street for tea, only to face London's most celebrated detective in one of his 'black moods.'

Now head on over to Chaos! Enjoy, and I'll try to have Chapter Three ready for Monday. And please, feel free to review! We love hearing from you!

Cheers!
Aeryn
Aeryn
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
Greetings and Salutations!

Just a quick update, as I revel in my now completely finished portfolio, to let you know that our Holmesian tale An Unforeseen Occurrence has now been updated on Chaos!

Yea! *Blows noisemakers and throws confetti*

Right...the offical blurbies...

Chapter Four: A Recipe for Disaster

Summary: Arriving at Baker Street for her appointment with Dr. Watson, Miss Thurlow again finds Holmes in one of his 'black moods.' However, never one to shy away from a challenge, she faces him head on, but gets more than she bargained for in the process.

So mosey on over to Chaos and check us out! And thank you all to those who have read and/or reviewed!

http://chaos.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=1419

*Goes back to celebratory dancing*
Aeryn
Aeryn
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, we now have up through Chapter Seven, so please feel free to wander over and take a peek! Chapters five through seven are The Lucifer Hunt, though two of those chapters were so long that we had to split them to two posts. It is a short mystery arc, which is now completed...

Chapter Eight: Dearly Beloved should be up in the next day or so.

Thank you for your patience and my befuddled brain.

~Aeryn (of aerynfire)
Aeryn
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Greetings all, and as I squee more about making the list of honour...I would like to let you all know that Chapter Eight of An Unforeseen Occurrence is now up on Chaos!

You are all cordially invited to the wedding of Dr. John Watson and Miss Mary Morstan! Very Happy

Of course there are some nice Holmes and Miss Thurlow moments too...and Mrs. Cecil Forrester finally shows herself (she is only briefly mentioned in the canon).

Also, Chapter Nine: Musical Chairs is in the queue! Very Happy

So enjoy and review if the mood strikes you...we love hearing from you!

~Aeryn
Aeryn
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
You know...I just realised I hadn't updated our PR stuff here in many, many a chapter!!!

Sigh...

*headdesk* *berates self* *headdesks again*

Well, consider this updated! Very Happy

The entire tale is up for your parusal and/or review over on Chaos...so enjoy! Though I've been told to recommend hankies...

See you all soon...like in a week or so...heh heh...

~Aeryn