Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Question about a SS/HG AU friend fic

Neesy Belle
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Hi! I thought I would ask this question before posting my story, because I am wondering if it is acceptable.

At first it wasn't accepted, because of grammar and also because at the time had no clue what I was going to do with it. I finally have enough written to have a much better idea of where it is going, so I wanted to check to see if it was okay. (I'm still not 100% sure, but it is much clearer now.)

First, it is AU. Hermione is taken as a slave by Voldemort as is the main dancer in his Harem. She isn't having to sleep with any of the Death Eaters or anything, and he is treating her like a goddess. He lets her family live and is even going to allow her to see them. He lets Snape teach her magic, appoints Snape the Keeper of Hermione, and after awhile the two becomes friends.

At first it seems that Hermione has lost her mind, because she isn't reacting like you think she would. She isn't screaming or yelling or having a fit, and she seems to do whatever Voldemort says without question and just gives in. Later on she tells Severus that, basically, Voldemort has taken everything she ever dreamed of and has given it to her on a silver platter... But this was not the way she wanted it (sort of like the saying 'The gods are most vicious when they grant your wishes.')

Severus and Hermione both don't understand what this strange fascination Voldemort has with the witch, but Snape is beginning to think that Voldemort views Hermione (in his own twisted madman sort of way) as a daughter or something.

The rest of it is going to consist of a lot of belly dancing, magic, discussions on Shakespeare, art, architecture, music and other things. Technically, Hermione is going to remain a slave (whether permanently or just a long time, I don't know), but she is going to gain higher status in that Voldemort is going to start allowing her to accompany him to balls and parties and such... kind of like a trophy.

The only two things that I am not really sure of is if A: Hermione is going to remain Voldemort's slave and she and Sev just remain friends, B: Voldemort is going to give her to Sev and they remain friends or C: Voldemort is going to give her to Sev and they become more than friends. Through out all of them though, she will, technically, remain a slave.

My fiance is beta-ing it, and I will be marking it as AU.

Would that be acceptable to post on Ashwinder?

English Snow Rose (Neesy Belle)
Metamuse
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
This could be posted on Ashwinder yes, but I strongly recommend setting up the story very good. A prologue explaining how the war goes and such could really set the scene for the story.

The story you described would be very hard to pull off but if done correctly it can be quite good.

I wish you luck.

Neesy Belle
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, my prologue begins right after Harry's downfall and with Severus placing the bands on Hermione.
I was going to have Hermione remembering the war and kind of do a tribute to her friends in one of her performances. Have her literally interupt the war through her dancing and singing.
Would that work? If not I can change it.

ESR