Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Reviews for a deleted chapter or story

RachelW
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Posts: 64 Location: The Republic of Texas
I've got a story I'm re-writing...and I was just going to use the 'edit chapter' feature to change the chapters as I re-write, but there are some plot changes, and I'm taking out a lot of stuff that reviews refer to. Now, I know if I delete the chapters, the reviews will still remain and I'll end up with 'not your story' if try to answer it.

But, if I delete the entire story, and then start reposting, will all the reviews dissapear, even from the 'view unanswered reviews' page...as well as the ones I've answered...like a clean slate?

It's just I've finally gotten the unanswered review page to a point, through answering everything, that it doesn't take five minutes to load finally (I used to hit 'view unanswered reviews' then go to the kitchen, fix a snack for the kids or start supper or do some cleaning, then it might be finished loading by the time I got back). I'm just hoping I can do this and not have a bunch of unanserable reviews taking up bandwidth on the review page.

Thanks!
RachelW
Metamuse
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
The reviews only for that story that you will be deleting will be deleted. Reviews from other stories will remain and will stay off the Unanswered Reviews if you have already answered them.

But thanks for telling me about the time it takes to load that page, I'll probably reduce the number so it doesn't take so much time and probably help with bandwidth even.

Thanks.

Let me know if I didn't answer your question though... I'm only on lunch quickly.

RachelW
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Posts: 64 Location: The Republic of Texas
webmistress wrote:
The reviews only for that story that you will be deleting will be deleted. Reviews from other stories will remain and will stay off the Unanswered Reviews if you have already answered them.

Let me know if I didn't answer your question though... I'm only on lunch quickly.

Pretty much...I was just wondering if they would be gone. I've got a review from a chapter I loaded, then deleted, then loaded a different version, but the review for that chapter is still there and won't go away and it won't let me answer it either.

I would just delete the chapters if I could, but then the reviews for those deleted chapters would still be there...and there are refrences in the reviews to things that aren't going to be in the new version...which is why I decided I'd have to delete the entire story and then start re-posting.

Maybe dividing the pages so you have one 'view unanswered reviews' for each story, instead of for all your stories put together would help? Alas, one of the drawbacks of having lots of reviews, LOL. But, now that I've answered most of the reviews the load time is reasonable.
Metamuse
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
I think if you delete the entire story the reviews will go away. Is that what you were trying to do? And then you can reload the story as you wanted. I believe you are a validated author... I can't keep up anymore half the time it seems.