Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  Little Lord Fauntleroy crossover?

Firewhisky
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:50 am Reply with quote
I was reading a thread in Personae where someone mentioned Snape in a little (green) velvet suit! This got me thinking about other characters in the role of "Ceddie", and now I can't stop. Unfortunately, I don't have time for this bunny. So if any1 is interested in exercising this "runnybabbit" Smile, by all means...

In any case, here's a copy of the summary of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" from Wikipedia.

"The story concerns an American boy named Cedric, who at an early age finds that he is the sole heir to a British earldom and leaves New York to take up residence in his ancestral castle, where, after some initial resistance, he is joined by his middle-class mother, "Dearest", the widow of the late heir. His grandfather, the Earl of Dorincourt, intends to teach the boy to become an aristocrat, but Cedric inadvertently teaches his grandfather compassion and social justice and the artless simplicity and motherly love of Dearest warms his heart."

Maybe Draco Malfoy finds out about a rich american uncle? haha!

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
I saw a very well-done TV movie of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" some years ago, which inspired me to go read the book. The book was rather more corny, but what can you expect of a children's book written in the 1880s?

A crossover between LLF and HP could be really sweet or utterly abysmal, depending on how it was done. Or, if you wanted to go with the Snape in a little velvet suit idea, it could be anything from lame to hilarious.

Firewhisky
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote
hmmm.... corny + lame= snort inducing hilarity?

i was thinking that anyone in the HP universe could find out about a rich muggle relative and would then adapt, for whatever reason... perhaps it would begin with the need for money but would then evolve into something else gaggingly sentimental.

another flip would be a muggleborn or orphan finding out about hogwarts and a magical family and inadvertently teaching their new relations how to be better people while they are trying to teach their new ward how to be magical and such.

one more thought... i was thinking that "little lord fauntleroy" is sort of like a british "pollyanna".

Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
Hee-hee! Yes, the little Malfoy cousin nobody knew about - could Lucius and Narcissa be brought to see the error of their ways by an orphaned niece or nephew who was raised by Muggle before being sent to them? (Somehow, I think that would be a tall order for any kid!)