Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  Little one-shot in desparate need of a beta

Orl
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,

after I enjoyed reading so many fics I gave it a very shy little shot myself: What started out as an answer to the dirty dozen challange ended up only with 2 or three of the required words in it. Well, the fluffy slippers appear and the pot of tea, but -really- not much more. The story told me very vehemently to stop there and then. Who am I to argue?

Here it is what it is about:
After killing Albus on the Astronomie Tower and dumping off Draco somewhere Severus flees to his little hideyhole. There he finds Albus old fluffy slippers and thinks back of a time when they stayed there together.

I admit, it's not much of a plot...It playes mostly at the relationship between Albus and Severus.

MS Word took care of most of the spelling-mistakes, I guess, but the grammar is another matter. Oh, I should add, that I'm not a native speaker -if you haven't noticed already after reading this lot, that is Laughing . So I need somebody who checkes the language for odd expressions I made up by myself thinking they surely must be very british. Since I learnd nice Oxford-english in school and then speaking english mostly in the time I stayed in Scotland real brit-picking shouldn't be neccessary. But you never know. Hollywoods influence, who can hide from it? Mostly, of course I need somebody telling me if I should bin that story immediately because it is lots of rubbish and I should never dare to hit a key again or if it is passable to be posted.

Hmm, anything else? Oh, yes. Rating would be conservative, no special warnings, Title: "Damn old fool", Category: hmm Drama?

I would be so grateful, if somebody could have a quick glance over it!

Thanks a lot
Yvonne
E-Mail: ivizi@web.de