Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Beta at your service

froggiebecky
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: froggiebecky

Email: froggie_becky@yahoo.com

Beta Experience: Some. I've done individual chapters for people who have not let me know if it was posted here or not, a dirty dozen fic (November), and some longer pieces that the author decided needed major re-working.
Currently, I'm working on "Orion's Pointer" by Faraday (on this site).

Writing Experience: I'm tossing around ideas for a first fic, and have spent years doing RP on another list. And, naturally, scholarly writings for school and research in my field (alright, I admit it. I'm a scientist.) Smile
I can provide more info if you like!

Personal Website: none
Ratings: Any

Ships: SS/HG is my personal favorite, though I'll read pretty much anything.
Categories/Genres: any
Strengths as beta reader: I'm good at all that grammar stuff, as well as spelling. Also good with sentence flow. I have HS teaching experience (math/science), so I can help with classroom scenes.

Weakness: I'm really no good at writing adult stuff. I can read it without being squicked and grammar check it for you, but I'm not very good at listing off 17 different words for a specific body part to avoid repetition. Also, being american, I'm not your best choice for brit-pick

Dislikes: Slash/BSDM

Any additional notes: hmm. I'm fairly honest, and I'll tell you if I think something doesn't work. I've read TONS of fanfic. Lots of really good stuff, and some not-so-good too. I suppose, most importantly, I've got the time and the interest!

Last edited by froggiebecky on Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
katsrule
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Nov 2006 Posts: 5 Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Hi. I am looking for a Beta who will not only look over my stories, but who will also communicate with me so I don't feel as if my story and I have been abandoned. I am a teacher so most of my stuff is grammatically correct. I have my friends reading my stories as I write them. By the time a beta gets them they are mostly correct and ready to enjoy. Here is the one that is ready for posting once it is Beta'd:

The twelve words for November 2006:

1. A hippogriff
2. A balloon
3. A pot of tea
4. Fluffy slippers
5. Fireworks
6. Ice
7. A spell gone wrong
8. Lace
9. A diary
10. A baby
11. Water
12. A vibrator

For more details about The Dirty Dozen please click here.

Name: Katsrule1
Ship: SS/HG
Rating: R/NC-17? Shocked
Category/Genres: Ashwinder & Dirty Dozen
Warnings: None

Summary: Hermione is tired of being alone, so she does a little research in the restricted section for a spell to tell her “who” her true love really is. She doesn’t realize that another lonely soul is watching her.

Let me know if you are REALLY interested. Thanks so much! Tonya