Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Unable to access side pages..

xxfantasticplasticxx
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
I'm an avid reader over on Ashwinder, Pureblood, and I'm an occasional reader over on Lumos and The Burrow. This morning I went to go access Ashwinder to catch up on some fics, and to my dismay, it tells me that the page cannot be located, and then brings me to the Sychophant Hex home page. Sad I'm having the same result with all of the others as well, including Erros and Sapphos, and Occumulency.

Cleared the cookies, history, and temp. internet files, and still, nothing. Are the sites undergoing matience, or do I need to update my bookmarks? If indeed it is just my bookmarks that need to be updated, can someone kindly point out to me where they are located on the SH home page, as I cannot see them either.
im2sleepy2
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 207 Location: Illinois, USA
METAMUSE posted this on Monday at 1:06 a.m. in the "Daily Prophet" on these forums

Quote:
The old archives have been disabled for a day to force people who are still registering at the old archives to move to the new archive.

The archives will be available within a few days to allow the ability to old favorite lists.

Sleepy
Metamuse
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
As im2sleepy2 pointed my posted out already I'm just here to give a link to the current active archive:

http://archive.sycophanthex.com

I'm not sure why you were still using the old archives, they haven't been uploaded in at least 3 weeks.

im2sleepy2
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 207 Location: Illinois, USA
Embarassed

I knew there was something I was forgetting!!

Sorry about that. Thanks, Metamuse.

Embarassed Sleepy Embarassed
xxfantasticplasticxx
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
So they just kinda...meshed them all together? The seperate pages are gone?
MaddyRiddle
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote
xxfantasticplasticxx wrote:
So they just kinda...meshed them all together? The seperate pages are gone?

Yep, sorta. They are all in one archive, but they are still separated. You'll find a category for each of the old archives (and more).
OperaRose
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Metamuse wrote in another forum post:

Quote:
"The old archives have been disabled for a day to force people who are still registering at the old archives to move to the new archive.

The archives will be available within a few days to allow the ability to old favorite lists."

Basically they're making the transition, and some things aren't available (as I'm sure you've noticed. I was looking for some stories that I was reading on the old archive, and I noticed they weren't on the new server yet). I'd wait a few days while they get everything cleared up with the transition to access the stories you were reading.

In a couple of days, just click on "archive", then "search", and you'll be able to access all the stories you were reading. I've noticed that the neat part about this search engine (as opposed to the old search engines on Ashwinder, Occlumency, etc) is that you can access multiple areas... so if you want to read stories with a Draco/Ginny or Snape/Hermione pairing (or whatever), you can get stories from all of the various sites. You don't have to go to the Burrow, Ashwinder, etc. individually.
MaddyRiddle
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
OperaRose wrote:
Basically they're making the transition, and some things aren't available (as I'm sure you've noticed. I was looking for some stories that I was reading on the old archive, and I noticed they weren't on the new server yet). I'd wait a few days while they get everything cleared up with the transition to access the stories you were reading.

All the stories should be there already. If they are not, you should tell MM or Estrilda so they know they need to add it to the list of missing stories they are making.