Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  I want to be a Beta

Crystal Jareth
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Crystal

Beta Experience: What I'm here for.

Writing Experience: Written a couple of original fics and LOTS of essays for my English Lit A-Level.

Ratings: Any and all.

Ships: SS/HG or LM/HG but only where Hermione is of age and preferably in her Seventh year or beyond.

Categories/Genre: Almost anything. Not a big fan of song fics/Cross-overs/Alternate Universe or Time-Turner fics however.

Strengths: I'm British! My spelling and grammar is excellent and having a qualification in literature helps a lot. I also believe my knowledge of canon to be very good.

Weakness: I've never Beta read for HP fandom before but I know how to proof-read and have done so extensively, however I have been taught to be a fairly harsh critic as a result - if you don't want constructive criticism, I'm not your beta.

Dislikes: Mary-Sues, incest, tasteless Slash and I really, really hate OOC fics.

Notes: I'm a huge fan of HP fandom and really want to beta!
I'm also willing to beta original fiction if anyone wants some help with original work.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:50 am Reply with quote
I am looking for a beta for my first hg/ss fic.
T
Title: Fate's Hand's
Rating: R for language and some intimate scenes(but not graphic)
Summary: A prophecy is stumbled upon leaving the order in search for a legend. Hermione becomes Severus's apprentice and falls in love along the way with a little help from Snape's renegade sister.
Of course there are some bumps along the way to

If you would like to accept email me at cowgirl28@gmail.com or private message me that would be great.
TradeWind
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi! Need a beta reader for chapter two of Harry Potter and the Slytherin. Chapter one already posted. This is a slash Harry and Draco with strong sexual imagry (R rated) who are involved in a growing romance. The second chapter takes them to the campus lake where they join a club of boys who snog each other, eat gillyweed, and go underwater to hear an encouraging message from Dumbledore. Interested? Let me know. Thanks! TradeWinds.