Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  trouble logging into forums

Diana
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Head Moderator Joined: 04 Jan 2005 Posts: 116
I should have put a sticky notice on this problem a few weeks back when it happened to me, but I figured it was an isolated incident that just involved me personally, so I didn't bother. I apologise for that and will put up a notice if what I suggest you do corrects this problem.

I'm assuming, and correct me if I'm wrong (this is taken from my own experience), that you are logging in and it's showing you as logged in at the bottom (unless you are invisible) but it's not letting you post to access restricted places and/or check your personal msgs box? Am I correct? If so, you need to do the following:

1. Delete your cookies. Yes, I know this does suck, but until we can isolate the problem, it needs to be done.

2. When you log back in, do not click on the 'keep me logged in' button (or whatever it's called). In other words, when you close your browser, you should be logged out. I would also suggest clicking the 'Log out' button at the top before you close your browser and/or exit the page. Yes, I know this option sucks too - I like to stay logged in myself, but at the moment it cannot be helped.

If these two options do not work, please (please!) let me know - send me a PM - and I will look into the matter. Top priority. If this does work, let me know as well so I can sticky a copy of this for better visibility and pass the info on to the appropriate individuals on staff.

Thank you.

MaddyRiddle
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
Diana wrote:
1. Delete your cookies. Yes, I know this does suck, but until we can isolate the problem, it needs to be done.

Deleting cookies is not that bad if you only delete the one/ones you want to be deleted. There's no need to delete all of them.

Tesla
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quote
Forgive me if the reason for this is stated elsewhere, but how come I am unable to sign into another SH archive using the same log-in details that I use for Occlumency? I don't want to re-register, and anyway, my e-mail address is already logged as having been used, so I can't even set up a new username. I had someone recommend a SS/HG fic but I can't read it because of this issue.
celisnebula
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Hi Telsa,

Each of the archives and the User forum are their own separate entity. To access each of the archives you must register on each one. From what I understand by your message, you are registered on Occlumency - that user name is only good for Occlumency alone - it cannot be reused on another of the archives unless you specifically register on that archive with that user name.

For example, on all 8 archives, I'm Celisnebula, but I had to register on all of the archives - since just registering on Ashwinder wouldn't give me access anywhere else.

If you have any further problems, please contact the sycophant hex help desk - the email is sh.userhelp at gmail dot com.

Thank you,
Celisnebula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger