Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Need a Beta? HP fanfic reader since 2000!

coesius
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 29 Jan 2005 Posts: 7
Name or Penname: Coesius

Email: lady_caliga@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: I have never been a beta reader officially before because I did not have the time. But now, I am in college and I have more time to spend online. But I have been reviewing fics and giving advice to various writers since 2000.

Writing Experience: I have a ff.net and fictionpress account with some stories there. I've taken creative writing classes at two Ivy league colleges and I'm planning to major in English.

Personal Website: -

Ratings: All

Ships: All SS ships.

Categories/Genres: I'm open to all genres but I think I could be more helpful in Drama, Romance, Angst, Action/Adventure and PWP. Which really only leaves out parodies and humor. Oh well... Laughing

Strengths as beta reader: I can help you with descriptions, dialogues and spelling(obviously). I've read a LOT of Snapefics so I have a very good sense of what has been done before, what is original and what you might want to look at before writing that scene that sounds a lot like that fic there.

Weakness: britpicking, no Latin, writing realistic Weasleys and Hufflepuffs

Dislikes: I am picky about BDSM and non-con. I admit there are great fics out there with these warnings but generally, I don't like the girl/boy falling in love with his/her rapist. But I can be convinced. Very Happy So, I'm not going to refuse a fic because it has these things. I'm just wary. Wink

Any additional notes: As I said, I've been watching this fandom evolve for some time, well- five years, so I think I would be qualified to help you. This fandom has changed my life and pulled me from a pre-med path to an English major. I would really like to give back something to it.
crimsonhaze
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Hello there Coesius!

if you are still willing to be a Beta... I am in need for one, badly!
It is still in progress and i am rewriting over and over again, never satisfied. I need new eyes looking at it. I need an experienced and honest opinion about what I've written. Although scared as hell about those opinions, I'm willing to take the chance.
If you want to know more about the story, go to the seekers lounge and click my ad. If that still doesnt tell you enough, mail me and i'll tell you more.
LariLee
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quote
Greetings!

I have a rather strange request. I have two stories, one at Occlumency (A Right Bastard --http://occlumency.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=1798) and one at Ashwinder (For Your Pleasure --http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=9114) that are both NC-17 stories. I need help in getting them to an R rating. They have passed SH standards, I gained a Beta, and the Occlumency story has been Brit-picked.

I really don't need help in plotting. I imagine you will probably still find errors (I swear they breed). If you're still looking for Beta work that involves lowering of rating, should consider giving those stories a look to see if you would be interested.

I would be eternally grateful. For some reason, I always end up writing smut.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

~Lisa/LariLee