Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Beta for SS/HG or SS/OFC fics

droxy
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:58 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jan 2005 Posts: 1 Location: any where the suitcase is

Hello,

I am seeking a job as your beta. Razz

I know canon and have both US and UK edtions.
I am word edit savvy.
I can offer advice on technical magic. Idea
I have several writing books at my disposal to everything under the sun.

I will stick with you through your story.

Droxy
netmgmtgoddess "at" yahoo dot com
Chemical_Burns
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:17 am Reply with quote
I want you as my beta! please go look at my "seekers" post to check if you want to beta for my particular fic. I forgot to add that the title has to do with the whole finding snape's sense of humor.

Hoping for the best *crosses fingers*
C_B

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I would like you as my beta if you don't mind taking on a beginning writer. Please check my post in seeker section if interested email me.
satoni
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

If you're still looking for a story to beta..and if u don't mind me making lots of mistakes...then I wud love to have u as my beta... I'm in the seekers part too...lokk me up...
LariLee
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:42 am Reply with quote
I have a strange request for a Beta. No, not the leather again. But I have two stories that are both NC-17 and I would love to be able to have someone help edit them to a R rating.

The stories in question are:

A Right Bastard -- Snape/OFC, five years after the war has ended, Severus Snape has a chance to be happy.

http://occlumency.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=1798

For Your Pleasure -- shortly after the war has ended, the Ministry of Magic begins looking for a public scapegoat. Who better than Severus Snape? Will his altar ego of Equus, male gigolo, helped save him? Seeking to lose her virginity before marriage to a man who has made it plain he detests her, Hermione looks to Equus for his assistance. If it's not obvious, this is an answer to the Gigolo challenge. Smile

I'm relatively sane. Rolling Eyes There is no real time constraint on these as I'm still writing them and posting them on SH with all the erotica and smut complete. But I don't know what to cut to make something into an R.

If you think you might be interested, please drop me a line at Packsim @ aol.com.

Thank you!
~Lisa/LariLee
Looneyluna
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently working on a Hermione/Severus. They are the victims of George and Fred Weasley experiment gone wrong (a combination lust/love potion). I'd love for you to take a look at it. If interested, please message me or email me.

Name: Cindy (Looneyluna)
Email: looneyluna2000@yahoo.com
Story title: Unforgettable
Summary: Severus and Hermione must suffer the effects of a Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes experiment.
Rating: NC-17
Category/Genres: Humor/Romance
Ship: HG/SS
Warnings: None
Cannon beta needed. Grammar and spelling helpful, but not required.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote
I was so excited to see *someone* who was willing to read a SS/OFC. I know its not the most popular thing in the HPfanvese but the muse has bit me and refuses to let go until I finish it. I've put a great deal of resarch and effort into making this not another MarySue but an OFC with depth and a strong character presence. But having your friends beta really isn't ideal. They would never tell me "no one is going to read this" or "I think you need to change this". They just *squee* and say how much they love it - which is great and all but I need someone to give me a honest opion of what I've got so far. Up to the task? I'd love it if you could tell me if you think it sounds like it's worth reading or not. I've posted a beta request in the *seekers* section. Check it out and tell me what you think. Laughing

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Hello there! I was wondering if you are still looking for stories to Beta? I'll warn you that my grammer is pretty bad, but the plot is interesting (post HPB) and I'll be really understanding about the time it takes to edit chapters (as I am a busy college student). If your interested in reading the first couple chapters before deciding just email me at Cheerangel8352@hotmail.com. Thanks!
~sam