Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  editing stories...how do I...?

anon
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I recently wanted to edit a few minor details in one of my stories but I can't seem to change the "warnings" option under the editing section. Originally I had an "abuse" warning and a "S" rating, but after thinking about it I realized this categorization did not quite fit the content of the story, so I wanted to make a higher rating "B" and not have a warning at all...only a note at the top of the story mentioning that the story contains some physical conflict/violence between two people (SS/HG). I noticed there was no option in the "warnings" editing section for violence vs. abuse.

Thus I was wondering if I might make a suggestion to add this option for authors because IMO, abuse can connotate the behaviors of people who are in a relationship (or who are familiar) with one another whereas violence is a more random act/behavior between persons (or to another person).

Also, how do you not have a "warning" on your story after you are in the editing section...I wondered if there could also be a "none" option under the warnings, that way an author could change their mind or choose another selection.

Thank you in advance for your help.
purpleygirl
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
how do you not have a "warning" on your story after you are in the editing section...

If you hold down the ctrl key and click on the warning, that should get rid of it. I use this a lot to get rid of extraneous 'Harry Potter's in the character listings. I wish he wouldn't keep getting duplicated like this. Confused

HTH