Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers (PI Accredited)  ~  PI Accredited Beta -- Hot off the press!

Sophi
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Jul 2005 Posts: 7 Location: North Carolina (*shudder* Not usd to life below the Mason-Dixon yet...)
Name or Penname: Sophi

Email: sophistophericated@gmail.com

PI Accredited Number: PI:0908097839

Beta Experience:
I've beta'ed for three authors who have stories that are unfinished and not posted in any archive that I know of. I am currently beta'ing for Wonderful Child, the author of Walk Through the Fire, and gothic_girl82, the author of Falling In. Both are archived at Ashwinder, and WTTF is archived at OWL and Wonderful Child's livejournal, Wonderful Writes.

Writing Experience:
Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers. -TS Eliot

I don't have anything posted anywhere, but I have written a few fandom scenes written. I haven't the attention span to write an entire story. I also hate my writing with a most brutal passion, so that kind of pushes me away from doing more than ficlets.

My strong point is not necessarily writing as much as it is deciphering it -- I prefer making observations. That might be why I was the only student to enjoy AP English, ;P

Personal Website: n/a

Ratings: C, S, B, W, L

Ships: Severus Snape/Hermione Granger preferred. I'm okay DM/GW and DM/HP, but really, I would prefer it if you sent me SS/HG. Though, if you're absolutely desperate for a beta and you need a quick job, I'll run over something for you.

Categories/Genres: All

Strengths as beta reader: I love dissecting characters and discussing plot and canon-y stuff for stories. I've gone as far as writing several paragraphs on a theory for how the werewolf infection works. I'll talk about the intriguing and mundane, anything you could possibly need.

I would suppose my style as a beta is pretty unique. I've never seen anybody else's work, but my authors say that the way I do it is different. I tend to leave comments within the story, pointing out different thoughts or whatever. They tend to be amusing, also, if you enjoy tongue-in-cheek humor.

I'm a comma and semi-colon nazi, by the way, and I absolutely hate it when a word is repeated again too soon. I'm good with compound words and I have a pretty good memory of canon spellings.

Weakness:
Um. I try not to have a weakness. Sometimes I'll miss things that are like, "Weasley" when it should be "Weasleys." It really bothers me when I do, because it's stupid crap like that that'll kick an author out of their spot in the queue.

Dislikes:
Stockhome!Hermione, Pregnant!Hermione (unless it really, really fits the story), Mushy!Snape. Snape is multifaceted, he's mean, and he has many, many layers. You hand me a soft Snape and I'll hand him right back (har, no pun intended).

Any additional notes:
I'll pester you for chapters. I don't like it when people take three weeks to update. I'm also really, really fast in getting the story back to you. Like, within the same day or the next. It rarely takes me two days.

PI Badge:

PI:0908097839