Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  Dumbledore's not dead: another possible clue?

memory
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Just a thought:
Has anybody considered the phrase Dumbledore says when leaving the Dursleys with Harry? "Until we meet again"...

In Italian has been translated as "Ci rivedremo", that means "I'll see you again".

As I'm not a native English speaker, I was wondering: is this a normal, colloquial goodbye or could this mean something different?

Thanks for helping me improve my English!

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
People say "I'll see you again" all the time. In different forms, such as "See Ya later", or "I'll see you around" stuff like that...it doesn't nessesarily mean they actually plan to see you again...it's just a form of goodbye. People don't like to say goodbye because it is so final, it leaves nothing open.

And about the "Until we meet again" comment. Dumbledore was just the kind of Wizard to say that and mean that they will meet in the afterlife.

I think DD really is dead...its just the circumstanse that lead to his death that should be questioned, but thats a whole different thread topic.

C

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger