Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  All round Beta (Brit picking a speciality!)

Snapette82
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Why ask me? I'm Snapette, queen of reviewing Laughing . If someone's made an effort to write something, I will try to review constructively. The only time I end up writing, "Looking forward to an update," is when I continually review a long running WIP.

Now I want to help someone through the process, as I know how hard it is to a) find the time to write and b) how rewarding the final results can be.

I've been on this site for ages and would love to build up a good relationship with someone. I freely admit I can't devote hours and hours, but I can definitely do a chapter every week or so.

So here's the info...

Email: kymsandersonherts@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: I've written for years and I have reviewed far too many times. (Over a hundred!) I know what I'm looking for! I write proof and copy as part of my job.

Writing Experience: One half completed novel, 130,000 words and counting, started a SS/HG fic, but I don't have the time to continue the torturous writing process. I'll leave that to you

Personal Website: Nope. I spend far too much time on here to maintain one.

Ratings: All. I am not squicked by torture, sex or anything like that, as I have written a lot of it!

Ships: SS/HG, will tackle others.

Categories/Genres: Everything but exceedingly fluffy.

Strengths as beta reader: Pure honesty. I've written for years, so I will pick grammar and underuse of the semi-colon, help with any Brit-picking (It's a personal thing!) and with canon.

Weakness: Fanon warps me from time to time, so trying to differentiate can be quite hard at first. But we could definitely work together to figure it out.

Dislikes: Anything too out of canon. No fluffy Snape. I'm pretty much open to most things, but I don't like fics where the entire back story (eg, Voldemort is defeated at the start of year seven and now Hermione is Madam Pomfrey's apprentice) beginnings.

Any additional notes: Just put Beta in the email title or reply here
echomur
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:41 am Reply with quote
I've been searching for a decent Beta for a while, and am now taking on a challenge and need help. General Info: SS/HG story, post-HBP. I'm trying to take an interesting twist on an overused plot line of Hermione falling for Severus. I'm using song lyrics as the backbone of my story, you'll understand more if you read it. If you are interested, email me at author_elf_77@hotmail.com, or 09pnsee@alma.edu.

WARNING: It is kind of a WIP! I'm writting pretty fast, and my insperation is always there, however I am a college student, and it may take a couple of days to finish a chapter, hope that doesn't deter you.

Looking forward to response, and hope you can "rise to the challenge" so to speak.

~Echo

P.S. If you can also Brit Pick, that would be great!
Snapette82
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
Very Happy I will email you as soon as I get a chance. Sounds intriguing!

Snapette/Kym

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:57 am Reply with quote
Thanks all for the interest in me as a beta. I have been lovingly swamped and can no longer take on any more new projects. I really didn't realise how many people wanted one! If I'm up for grabs again, I will re-post here.

Love and hugs,

Snapette Very Happy