Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Flourish and Blotts  ~  Absolutely LOVE Book

sarah_navarro
Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quote
Well, being an avid teen reader myself, I've so many books that I thought were just incredible.

First of, I LOVED the Inheritance Series, (Eragon, Eldest). It's by Christopher Paolini, who wrote the first book when I think he was fifteen, and got it published at 19. It's pretty amazing, considering how good the books are. It's about a young boy who finds a strange rock in the woods nearby his uncle's house (which is whom he lives with) and it turns out to be a dragon egg. He hatches it, and forms a bond with this dragon. He soon learns that there's earth magic, telepathy, and other such things. He finds out that the great prophesy made includes him and his dragon, and he must travel the world to try and find his place in his future. It sounds confusing, but is such a good read. You'll be racing to get the next one, Eldest, and you'll be dying (like me) when you finish that and wait for the last book in this trilogy. (title unknown) It's so good, they're making the movie Eragon, which is suppose to come out in December I think.

Next, I really like the book The Giver. It's such a good book, and is very good for those who like to use their imagination. This book really makes you think, and there's kind of a sequel called Gathering Blue. It's sort of a sequel, but not. Well, basically the story is about a boy who lives in a world of total controlment. You're given your spouse, children, (whom you don't have) food, jobs, everything. There's no color of anything, no music, no sun, no cars. It's an equal world for all, except for one boy named Jonas. When assigned his job, he finds that he must stand alone to take on all of the burdens for his community. He alone must suffer. Th book "gathering blue" is the same kind of plot, same story, but different characters and setting, although there is a hint of Jonas. The third book, "Messenger" is also incredible, and actually does include Jonas and ppl from Gathering Blue. These books are for those imaginers out there, but I think most anyone would like them. My friend, who barely reads a book a year, is now dying to borrow the third one from me. They are by the author Lois Lowery, (I think....Lol, I'm to lazy to get up and check)

Well, hmm...other books. Well, my fingers are beginning to tire from typing so much, so I'll just name off some books I think are good. I'm to lazy to describe them and stuff.
Well, I like the Charlie Bone series, even though it's kind of just a knock off of Harry Potter. But they're still good to read in your spare time. There's four out right now...
I also like most anything by Cornelia Funke, including The Theif Lord, and Inkheart. Lastly, I also really liked the Silverwing/Sunwing/Firewing trilogy written by Kenneth Opal. They're very good. Well, I think I'm off. I've definitely type enough, lol. Hope this helps all you readers out there who're looking for something good.

Peace Out. Sarah Cool