Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  Musical Challenge for Ashwinder

melissaivory
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
This challenge is the brainchild (kind of like Minerva from Jupiter's head in that Greek myth) of my idea to have a story based on the musical "Little Show of Horrors." Nothing came from me putting that challenge on WIKTT Group, but I though I would expand the choices one could use. This challenge entails any musical in which there is a romance between a man and a woman like Severus and Hermione. I would like to see “Little Shop of Horrors”, maybe even “Rent” or “The Sound of Music” (that would be a challenge) but all I care about is that it is based on a musical, songs from said musical are in it (albeit changed for the characters involved) and if possible, that the Wizarding world exist in the story as well. With that said, please ask me about the musical before you try it, since not ever musical works. Yes, you hear that right!

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
This is an amazing idea. I am going to write it as the Rocky Horror Picture Show (Snape as Frank N Furt!!!!)

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I have too much on my plate to write another challenge entry, but as a lover of musicals, I thuoght I'd offer some that would make great choices.

1. Faust. I know it's actually an opera, but if Severus is not a Faustian character, I don't know what he is. english translation of (almost) the entire opera: http://www.aria-database.com/translations/faust.txt

2. My Fair Lady could be adapted with little damage to either the plot or to the characters (I could see a ball at the Malfoy manor replacing the queen's ball, for example, and Snape grooming Hermione to fit into the Pureblood world.)

3. Evita would lend itself well (Hermione as the very political and much beloved wife who fights for the rights of Mudbloods and Halfbloods while under the protection of a Snape/Peron figure who shelters her from the harshness of a pureblood world, a certain degree of it being a political marriage, etc...)

4. Camelot, with Snape cast in the role of Lancelot and Hermione as Guinivere (to a Harry-type Arthur?)

5. West Side Story would be classic.

6. Once upon a mattress could be made into a hilarious one under the right author (that's The Princess and the Pea, btw)

I hope this challenge produces some good reads!

Jen
sariah snape
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
someone at ashwinder has written one where Hogwarts is performing Phantom of the Opera... Snape is obviously the Phantom and hermione is Christine