Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Need a beta?

lady_rhian
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Penname: lady-rhian

Genre: Romance-centered fics

Ships: Het ships (they don't have to be canon) I am willing to beta for. I will not beta slash/femmeslash or H/Hr. As a warning, I'm a touchy reader when it comes to Ron/Hermione, to be honest, so use your judgement.

On the other hand, if you write HG/SS or RL/NT, I would *love* to work with you. I am also a huge fan of ships involving Draco and the Weasley twins. But, as I said, if it's a het pairing and not H/Hr, PM me!

Rating: R and under. I've read plenty of sex, but I don't write it, so I don't know how much technical help I can be there.

Warnings: Graphic sex or violence, no. Purely because I do not write it, therefore the extent of my advice will be limited.

Specialties: I am a stickler for grammar, spelling, and word choice. You won't be getting away with anything in these departments! Also, characterization and canon. I can do "conversational Britspeak" - I am not an expert by any means, but I have the resources and common-sense knowledge to pick up on Americanisms.

Permanent: Usually temporary, but I'm willing to work around things.

Availability: At present, I have a fic in the works and I'm in the semester before I graduate, so things do come up. I'd rather not beta novel-length works. One shots, drabbles, anything under 50,000 words - at present, I don't want to offer what I'm not certain I can give.

Turnaround: Very quickly. Probably 1-2 days. Depending on my classwork, it might take up to 3 or 4. If extenuating circumstances come up, I will let you know.

What style of betaing you use: Color-changing.

Qualifications: I'm a particularly good editor. I have an eye for details and inconsistencies, and I have a vast vocabulary. Word choice is one of my biggest pet peeves. I will work with you on your fic for as long as it takes (well, if we're still talking the first three chapters this time next year that might be a problem ... ). I regularly edit papers for friends, and I've also edited creative works and fanfiction. I'm submitting my test for PI accreditation (we'll see how that goes), and, in the meantime, I'm offering my services.

All the best,
-LR

- Peter de Vries
teethlikeswords
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
Hello! I'm currently writing a fic about Snape's life called "My Final Testament, By Severus Snape". The summary is as follows: After the death of Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape flees. For months he is sought out by everyone from Death Eaters to Harry Potter. During this time, he is writing the story of his life, his final testament, to the only person who wasn't looking for him, the only person who ever loved him.

I've already posted the first chapter over on Ashwinder, you can check it out here: http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=13487

Please send an email my way if you're interested, I've got more to say (I tend to be long winded with this sort of thing).

email:teethlikeswords@yahoo.com

thanks, amelia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cearrae27
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a work posted here at Occlumency - The Old Walls Crumble. It's a Snape/OFC post HBP story. The concept is Snape finding redemption through love while helping Harry win over LV. Standard I know, but I 've gotten good feed back.

The story is complete and posted at FFN and AFF. I'm currently editing and I have a Beta - Laurabeth - who is helping me improve it, but neither of us is a champion of the comma. Would you be interested in helping?

I have read your work and I know you have a good handle on what you're doing. I would be honoured if you were to take up my humble efforts.

Thanks

Cearrae27 (Linda)