Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers (PI Accredited)  ~  Accredited beta with not much to do!

LogicalQuirk
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: LogicalQuirk

Email: logical_quirk@hotmail.co.uk

PI Accredited Number: 3457603947

Beta Experience: I've betaed several fics, all from the HP fandom. Most of them were one-shots, but my current projects are chaptered fics.

Writing Experience: A couple of one-shots over in Occlumency and a WIP that will be posted as soon as I'm happy with it!

Personal Webpage: See my profile over at Perfect Imagination: http://perfectimagination.co.uk/modules.php?mod=BetaSearch&act=profile&id=2490&arc=4096

Ratings: Any.

Ships: Again, any, although I'm not really a fan of OC's. My favourites tend to involve Snape in various ways!

Categories/Genres: I'll read most things, including AU, except for the Mauraders' era. For some reason I just can't get into those.

Strengths as beta reader: I'm British, with an A level in English Language, so Brit-picking is a major strength of mine. I can also spot grammar and spelling mistakes, and have pretty good canon knowledge.

Weakness: I can't really help if you're after help with characterisation or plot, as I'm much more of a reader than a writer.

Dislikes: Mauraders' fics, and original characters.

Any additional notes: If you have something you'd like me to beta, please send me a message via Perfect Imagination or email me, as I check this message board infrequently so can't guarantee a rapid reply. Bye!

PI Badge:

Last edited by LogicalQuirk on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

*Supporting Severus Snape*
Orl
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote
Hi LogicalQuirk,

do you feel like reeding a post-HBP one-shot about the Snape as he flees to a place only AD has known and thinks back to the time they spend together there? Not much action or plot, but I tried to fathom their relationship.

This is my first fanfic and -as you probably noticed already- English is not my first language Confused So I need somebody who is ready to do it all: Grammar, spelling. punktuation, britpicking and wordflow etc. In the story there are a few things that would need rewording (is that actually a word??? Laughing ) to keep especially Snape in character. I would be glad for suggestions about that as well, but that is not nessecary.

Rating: well, no sex, so conservative
Genre: Drama with a little humor?

E-Mail: ivizi@web.de
Name: Orl

Please e-mail me if you are interested! Thanks so much!
Orl
MizzAdamz
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey there;
would you consider betaing a Dystopian Post HBP fic that will probably be multi chaptered (at least 10) HG/SS but mostly Snape Centric?

I need a Cannon Grammar Nazi, as those are my MAIN issues. That and I never seem to get my spacing right.

Icon of Sha Ruhk Khan by me
peachy
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Hey LogicalQirk,
are you still free to beta other peoples work?

`Cos if you were, that would would be great! Iīd very much like you to beta my first short story. Itīs not Snape-Centric, but i do agree with all the reading preferences you stated in your post. Which makes me think, that we share the same believes about what makes a great story. Thatīs not to say i think my story is great, just that i think we could be working well together.
Just contact me, if you are interessted.

Take Care,
Peachy