Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  Apathy Challenge for Ashwinder

belladonna
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:00 am Reply with quote
The Apathy Challenge
by belladonna
Due date: 10 May 2005

ap·a·thy n. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal

Premise: After Hermione's graduation, she and Severus Snape are apathetic to each other's lives until something suddenly makes them care.

Challenge Requirements: SS/HG as the main pairing, of course.

Their "relationship" after graduation should be practically nonexistent; after all, who really keeps in touch with old professors/students who you never really liked (and never really hated) anyway? Any encounters before your storyline takes effect should just be of an "eh, I know you, we're acquaintances, I'd say hello to you in the street but that's it" nature.

- No excessive character deaths (i.e., the Fall of Voldemort--if he has indeed fallen or will fall in your story--shouldn't bring about the deaths of the entire Weasley clan, all Hogwarts faculty excepting Snape, all the Muggleborn students, etc.)

- No virginal or relatively-inexperienced Hermione (assuming your story has lemony goodness, which is nice but not necessary)

- No extremes in the Snape fortune. Let the man be middle-class-ish, if his financial status comes up.

- Also, and this is the big one, no cruel Snape. Let the man be snarky, unpleasant, or PMS-y (ha), but not heartless or cruel. (That is not to say, however, that Hermione can't remember him as such; how often do children interpret things to the extreme?)

Bonus Points:

- a Wizarding World in which it's not an "OMGLIEKWOAH" situation when a wizard wears "Muggle" clothing or uses some basic "Muggle" technology without a Muggleborn acting surprised

- the Henry Kissinger quote "There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full." making an appropriate appearance

- the Harry Truman quote "If you can't convince them, confuse them." making an appropriate appearance

- the Shakespeare quote "Better a witty fool than a foolish wit." making an appropriate appearance

- minimal appearance of Dumbledore (note: this does not mean the man needs to be dead)

I hope this interests someone! Have fun!